About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future on our website.
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity.
We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we’re quick to respond. We’re respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
Purpose of your role
Our Sales and Marketing teams are crucial to the success and continued growth of our business. From developing new investment products and solutions and telling our clients about them, to bringing in new business and managing client relationships to help them choose the right products; it’s an exciting and varied department to work in.
During the 18 months graduate programme, you will experience different departments, products and practices, building your communication skills and getting to grips with our global reach. Our rotations are designed to ensure that at the end of your programme you have a thorough understanding of our clients and the business.
Possible rotations during the programme
- Wholesale: Distributes Fidelity funds and tailored investment solutions using our own and other managers’ strategies to banks, insurance companies, brokerage firms, financial advisers and family offices. During the rotation, you will get exposure to Wholesale clients, help prepare for and attend client meetings, introducing Fidelity and our capabilities.
- Institutional: Offers tailored strategies and segregated mandates as well as institutional funds to pension funds, public authorities and sovereign wealth funds. During the rotation, you will support our institutional clients, help prepare for and attend client meetings
- Marketing: Originates and implements high quality, integrated campaigns, distribution support and communication programs. Marketing works closely with the Sales teams to adapt the Fidelity proposition to the target groups including digital touch points.
- Product and Investment: Get to know all our asset classes and deepen product knowledge, liaise with investment directors and sales teams to provide market commentary and client presentations
Experience and Qualifications Required
You need to be ambitious, enthusiastic and driven. We want someone who is unafraid to challenge the status quo, yet able to disrupt appropriately. We want innovative thinking but critically, people who can complement this skill with delivery. You need to be both resilient and tenacious to overcome any obstacles in your way.
- University Degree, ideally in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing or other related studies
- Strong interest in the financial area especially the asset management industry You have completed at least one internship or professional experience during your studies
- Fluent spoken and written English and German. Knowledge of additional languages would be considered as an asset Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Highly driven with intellectual curiosity, ambition and an absolute commitment to serving the best interests of our clients. Analytical skills to understand product performance
- Relationship building is key as you move through the business. We look for people who can work comfortably on their own but also collaboratively with others through a variety of communications tools, time-zones and cultures
It is a regulatory requirement that you complete a professional qualification and that you continue to maintain the regulatory knowledge and competencies for your role. The company will provide the relevant support to assist in the achievement of the qualification.
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs. During the recruitment process, the applicant will have to provide a criminal record in order to ensure his/her good repute. This check is necessary to preserve the trust in our company, in the light of the confidential information the applicant will have access to.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!