Our Sales and Marketing teams are essential to the continued growth and success of our business. From developing new investment products and solutions and telling our clients about them, to bringing in new business and managing client relationships to help them choose the right products; it’s an exciting and varied department to work in.
The primary goal for each of these teams is to ensure clients get the best from Fidelity and we’re proud to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
What you’ll be doing:
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do.
As an intern, and whatever you’re studying, we’ll help make sure you get the most out of your time with us.
You’ll work alongside the sales team to understand the clients and their needs ensuring they get the best from Fidelity.
You’ll assist with the sales planning process, facilitating and leading on projects, relating to specific client or sales initiatives, that drive efficiencies, propel the sales team and contribute to overall business growth.
You’ll also develop your sales analysis skills and learn how this successful sales function operates whilst ensuring high quality client servicing.
Over the course of your internship there will be opportunities for you to develop your investment knowledge, gain broad experience of your assigned team and the broader fidelity business.
You could join us as an intern in any of the teams below:
- Funds Network: has been around for over 20 years, offering a range of financial planning tools and products via their online technology platform and working in close partnership with UK financial advisers selecting the appropriate financial products for their clients.
- Personal Investing: exists to help customers build better financial futures and achieve their ambitions and goals. They serve a diverse spectrum of customers with varying levels of wealth at every stage of life. The customer is at the centre of their approach and their platforms offer a rich set of content and tool for those able to self-direct with a focus on guidance and direction for those needing more support
- Workplace Investing: support their clients (the employer) and their employees (members) with retirement planning and financial wellness. At the most basic this could be providing their pension scheme, but they can also support the employees with comprehensive information on their app and website and tools.
- UK Institutional: is responsible for around 160 clients with current assets of nearly $10bn. Clients are predominantly UK pension schemes, but also include insurance, charities and high net worth individuals (HNWIs) as well as several Irish pension schemes. Clients are invested in a broad suite of investment solutions across asset classes. These capabilities allow them to manage segregated client accounts, tailored to the individual needs of institutional investors, as well as pooled vehicles.
- UK Wholesale: is a fast and dynamic team at the forefront of client interaction in the UK focused on selling Fidelity funds and services via intermediated sources (financial advisers, wealth managers, insurance companies etc.) in the UK market.
What we look for:
You’ll be self-motivated, adaptable and curious; ideas and suggestions for improving our approach are always welcome.
You’ll be enthusiastic about joining us at Fidelity, learning more about the asset management industry and developing your commercial acumen whilst making use of the training and mentorship available.
The work you’ll be doing requires problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to build and develop relationships with our clients and internal stakeholders.
We welcome applications from students from all degree backgrounds. If you’re inquisitive and ambitious, an internship at Fidelity is a great opportunity to discover whether this kind of work is for you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- Have CCC or above at A level or equivalent.
- Penultimate year student of Bachelor or Masters degree, graduating in 2022
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Training and Development
You’ll start the internship with a mini induction, during which we’ll introduce you to investment management and how it fits into the City, as well as to financial markets. After that, there are many more ways to develop your skills as your internship progresses.
A series of ‘lunch and learns’ hosted by key business speakers will give you a first-hand, genuine insight and help you find out about the full scope of our business.
Social and networking events will help you get to know our people and culture. All the while you’ll be learning on the job, working to clear goals and understanding your own potential.
During your time with us you’ll get to learn even more about what you enjoy, what you’re great at, and how to choose a career path that suits you. Our internship programme may even lead to a place on our graduate scheme, if that’s what you’re looking for.
How to Apply
Please submit your application, including CV by Friday 8 January 2021.
We’ve worked hard to ensure our new process is fast and efficient. That means our application deadline is not about just ‘getting your foot’ in the door by 8 January, you need to apply, pass the online strengths-based assessments and submit your video interview by 8 January as well.
All assessment centres will take place late January.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $608.7billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $437 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Integrity - Doing the right thing, every time and putting the client first
Trust - Empowering each other to take the initiative and make good decision
Our employees should be:
Brave - Challenge the status quo, be accountable and speak up
Bold - Act with conviction, encourage diverse thinking and keep things simple
Curious - Learn to do new things in better ways and encourage fresh thinking
Compassionate - Have empathy, care for colleagues, clients and the community
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!