£22,000 - £24,000
RSK ADAS Ltd, a part of the RSK Group Ltd, is looking to recruit a Field Research Scientist to work on a full time, permanent basis. This mixed practical hands-on role, working both outside and in the office, will be based out of our Rosemaund office in Herefordshire.
Working within the ADAS Sustainable Agricultural Systems Business, this role will be working on scientific projects for clients, including Government, and some of the most progressive and successful UK and internationally based businesses, focusing on efficient food production and related environmental issues in a sustainable industry. Field delivery for the successful applicant will specialise primarily in Crop Physiology and Pathology areas of the business but will be expected to develop skills and knowledge across the whole team, contributing to a suite of research projects across both agriculture and horticulture, involving crop Physiology, Pathology, Soils and Nutrients, Entomology and Weeds, embracing a “one team” ethos.
- Deliver practical research for a range of agricultural and horticultural crops, working predominantly in the discipline of pathology, but also contributing to physiology, entomology, soils and nutrients, and weeds.
- Develop specialist technical expertise to deliver on-site trial work and implement applied research and knowledge exchange.
- Delivery of field/glasshouse/polytunnel/laboratory work and liaise with clients and colleagues to ensure on time delivery.
- Work towards managing projects ensuring key objectives and deadlines, are met, ensuring high levels of scientific credibility and client satisfaction are achieved
- Develop a sound and effective working relationship with colleagues, collaborators, and the industry to grow the business.
- Support colleagues to ensure scientifically robust delivery
- The suitable candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and willingness to work, with inhouse and external training provided to meet the requirements of the role.
- A full driving licence to drive manual vehicles in the UK is essential.
- All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
- A progressive attitude with flexibility and willingness to take on a wide range of challenges.
- Flexibility – to travel within the UK and overseas.
- Working knowledge and experience of farm machinery and PA1, PA2, PA4 & PA6 desirable, but training can be provided for the right candidate.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary between £22,000 - £24,000 pa depending on experience and technical knowledge.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care.
- Regular training and career development.
£22,000 - £24,000