Finance & Business Operations Manager
Apply by: 31.12.2021
About the Role
LMUK Strategic Systems have an exciting opportunity to join the business in a key leadership role as Finance & Business Operations Manager. You will manage a small, established, friendly team across multiple areas of business responsibility including finance, commercial and supply chain agreements and bid pricing. Despite Lockheed Martin's large size and corporate scale globally, Strategic Systems in the UK is a smaller more SME style of business, meaning you will be part of a close knit local management team in a key role where you will be empowered to make a difference in the business, whilst still being part of one of the top 10 global defence companies helping to deliver critical programmes of national importance.
As F&BO Manager you will be responsible for the day to day outputs, management and people management of the F&BO team, as well as providing financial and commercial advice across the business to the achieve objectives and Business strategy. This will include providing financial, commercial and contractual advice and guidance to members of the F&BO team, Programme Managers, Capture Teams, and the Leadership Team. Responsible for pricing and costing policy and controls, ensuring related management processes are defined and the Business is complying with the processes and procedures. Additionally this will include ensuring Quality Control processes are followed by the staff and completing periodic audits.
We will need you to be familiar with UKIS financial processes and procedures to enable meaningful customer interface on audits and meeting reporting requirements, as well as dialogue with other LM divisions in the UK, the US and worldwide to facilitate the furtherance of LM business interests.
Additional elements of the role will include:
- Managing a demanding environment, with close, integrated working with the customer;
- Pricing of proposals for new and follow on business for the LM Strategic Systems business unit.
- Management of and advocacy for the supplier data analysis and cost modelling performed by cost engineering.
- Management of the workload forecasting and overhead budgeting processes
- Analysis and agreement of QDC / non QDC rates with MOD auditors
- Management associated business unit reports in compliance with requirements
- Leadership of the planning and reporting for New Business Capture funding streams.
- Contract and subcontract management, procurement and back office support to the business
In return we’ll provide you with meaningful work that will allow you to grow your skills and enhance your career with us. We invest in our employees and provide training and development for around 300 leaders within the business per year, and provide education assistance for ongoing career development.
However equally important to us is that you enjoy a strong work life balance as well. That’s why we offer flexible work schedules and a comprehensive benefits suite to enable you to live a healthy fulfilling life at and outside of work. Our 9-day working fortnight gives you every other Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy! The role will also allow for 50% home working.
So if you are interested in joining a team who are part of a programme of national importance then there has never been a better time to apply! We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can be part of the story too!
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Effective communicator and confident presenter
- Professional Accounting and/or Commercial qualification
- People management and team leadership
- Advanced MS Office Tools capability, with an emphasis on Excel and Power-point.
- Financial Control and Reporting
- Contract & Sub-Contract management experience.
- Experience of operating within a Business Growth environment
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Financial reporting systems and Statutory Reporting
- Contract management within the Defence Industry
- Customer Engagement
- Pre and post-sale activity introducing and managing new contracts within a business
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to one of the Royal Navy's Submarine Programs. The company provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at RNAD Coulport. Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on