From here, choose a whole world of experience
Whether we’re delivering power to millions, leading the rapid growth of offshore wind, or trading in new areas across the globe, RWE is at the forefront of the energy industry. But we wouldn’t be there without world-class Finance.
Underpinning every part of our business and being responsible for driving efficiency and innovation across RWE, our Finance functions are set to grow and do meaningful work to contribute to RWE’s overall strategy -that's why we want you.
As one of our graduates, you will be able to create your own career path across our locations and gain broad exposure, while working alongside expert colleagues and building up your knowledge. By the end of the two-year programme, you will have the ideal foundations to grow, develop and thrive as a finance professional.
The contribution you’ll make
Over the two years, you’ll progress through four six-month placements of your own choosing, rotating across the entire RWE Group. Throughout the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to take on responsibilities with real impact, and able to gain experience in a wide range of areas including:
- Risk Management
- Planning & Reporting
- Economic Evaluation
- Portfolio Management
- Investor Relations
- … and many more
The qualities you’ll bring
Are you passionate about the energy industry and looking to make an impact with a dynamic, fast-growing business? Want to gain exposure to many different areas of finance, including highly quantitative work? Then you could be just the kind of person we’re looking for! Some relevant experience are useful, but not essential. What you must have is:
- Above average degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, or a comparable subject area (ideally with a focus on Controlling, Finance or Accounting)
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated to take on new challenges whether operating independently or within a team
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of IFRS/IAS and HGB (ideally)
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the finance business.
We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
In addition to all of this, we do offer the possibility to start a Finance/Accounting Qualification during the course of the programme after individual discussions and business requirements.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- International rotations to Germany, Singapore, the US or possibly further afield
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Free on-site health care plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
- access to a modern office & state-of-the-art IT
- open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies - join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
From here, you have a choice to make.
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews, and podcasts.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters