Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
The Programme Overview:
Our UK National wide Finance Programme is a structured programme to provide you with the knowledge and skills to become a Finance Specialist. During your programme, you may undertake positions such as a Finance Assistant, Business Analyst, or Finance Manager, and be involved in large-scale Finance Projects which you support and manage. DHL provides placement opportunities to experience a broad range of different environments within both site based and regional responsibility. You'll tackle real challenges with a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time as a graduate. Finance is responsible for managing DHL's resources so it can meet its goal to be the world's leading logistics provider.
As a market leader in logistics and supply chain, we give you scope to reach your career goals, however high you're aiming. As a Graduate at DHL Supply Chain, you'll benefit from rotating within a variety of business sectors which includes working with some of DHL's high profile customers such as retail and consumer, life sciences, manufacturing logistics, transport and supply chain solutions.
- Adherence to finance processes
- Accurate report production
- Ensuring the delivery of results against SLA's & KPI's
- Be responsible for finance processes such as, payroll, purchasing, quicks, sales invoicing, running general ledgers, reconciliation and many more.
- Support Projects and Strategic initiatives
- Effective time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Support change programmes
- Adhere to DHL H&S procedures and policies
The CIMA Certificate offers a grounding in the basics of management accounting, financial accounting and business, and forms the basis of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
By studying the certificate level, you will gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of business and finance, allowing you to:
- Make informed business decisions based on skills developed.
- Develop relevant learning which meets the needs of finance and non-finance staff.
What will the programme look like?
- 36-month structured Programme (3 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will differ being based at site or located regionally
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Support towards a CIMA professional qualification
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- The opportunity to network with the wider graduate and apprentice population.
- Give back to your community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment.
Required Personal Qualities:
- We do not require a technical background and/or qualification in Finance, but you should have a desire to progress within this discipline.
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme).
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required.
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English.
- No minimum degree grade.
- As part of the CIMA Level 7 Qualification, you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years as it is a government funded apprenticeship programme.
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.?
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong . We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.?
Starting Salary: £29,000 per annum.
Working Week: 37.5 hrs a week. Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
Want to know more? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear more about the Finance Graduate Programme, meet our graduates and ask any more questions you have.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.?
The Experience Day for this programme will take place on the 13th March 2024, in person in Birmingham.