Financial Accounting Internship 2022-23
Apply by: 06.12.2021
What will you do as a Financial Accounting Intern?
Do you have a passion for finance and a flair for problem-solving? Then this exciting opportunity could be perfect for you. Sitting within one of our finance teams, you’ll gain valuable insight into how a finance environment operates in a dynamic tech company.
During your time here, you’ll play a pivotal role in producing the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close for the entire Travelport company, the accounting for corporate entities, and project work, amongst other accountabilities.
Throughout your placement, you’ll interact & collaborate with multiple internal finance teams, as well as external auditors, allowing you to gain exposure & experience across the whole finance community.
Your internship will run from mid-July 2022 until the end of July 2023.
We operate an agile working policy, so our teams spend 3 days per week in the office, whilst the remaining two days are spent working from home.
- Contribute to the resolution of month-end accounting issues.
- Ensure the reconciliation of intercompany transactions across the group, to certify all imbalances are resolved.
- Support in the preparation of supporting information and reconciliations for the company’s external financial statements.
- Assist in recording the journals for complex accounting transactions.
- Be responsible for accounting for certain treasury, corporate and administrative functions/costs each month.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors to support the audit of the Travelport financial results, as part of the preparation of the Company’s Consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations.
- Monitor adherence to the group close timetable.
- And it doesn’t stop there! Your internship is what YOU make it, so reach out and grab every opportunity on offer – and there’ll be A LOT on offer.
An experience like no other…
This placement is not a standardized program, it’s a unique experience that will inspire, develop, and reward you.
We’ve built an incredible internship that intertwines your day-to-day role, learning & development, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work & a little something we call…Internpreneurship, where we give you the opportunity to literally change the business, how’s that for responsibility?!
But DON’T PANIC! You’re not doing this alone.
You’ll have an enthusiastic and passionate support network too. Your team, personal mentor, and a dedicated panel of Travelporters, will all be there to support & guide you throughout your Travelport journey.
Would you thrive in our workplace?
Studying a degree relevant to the internship is critical, as you never know, you may end up back with us as a grad in a similar role.
We know that parts of the job advert may look scary, but DON’T SWEAT! We will teach you everything you need to know, for you to be successful at your job.
BUT…what do we think could make you amazing at your job?
- A desire to own projects & add value
- A passion for improvement & innovation
- An ability to work with autonomy & accountability
- An eye for detail & a fearless mindset
Sound like you? You’d love it here! So… come & join us!
So, what’s in it for you?
A dynamic and multi-faceted placement experience for one; encompassing your day-to-day role, CSR work and solving real company problems. Interns also have Private Medical Insurance cover and access to a virtual GP 24/7, thousands of offers and discounts, flexible benefits such as the cycle to work scheme AND a potential bonus.
Imagine what you could achieve from a year of working with talented teams who genuinely want to help you develop into the professional you wish to become? PLUS, all the free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate you could ever want?! The possibilities are endless!!
Interested? Of course you are! Apply now! Everyone will get a response!
Please note all of our internship roles are exclusively for undergraduate students. If you are not an undergraduate students, please visit our careers page to explore other opportunities
If the volume of applications we receive exceeds our expectations, we will need to close the application window early. So don't wait in applying!
To ensure that you find the right home in our business, we'd encourage you to explore all our intern opportunities, and pick the ONE that you feel suits you best.
Langley, Slough, Berkshire