G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
- 10-week internship programme (1st July to 6th September 2024)
- 09:00-17:30 working hours
- Based in Central London
Our Financial Markets Operations Analyst internship offers innovative and intellectually curious students the opportunity to contribute to the build-out of world-class operational processes within a team that works across a wide spectrum of business challenges.
As an intern, you will develop first-hand knowledge of working with successful legacy systems as they are modernised; a highly sought after skill. You will deliver improvements to our straight through processes, as well as covering – and learning – the fundamentals of a career in operations.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Enhancing and supporting the existing operational technology platform and associated toolset
- Designing and implementing high quality process improvements
- Working with the team’s varied stakeholders to deliver operational excellence
- Accurate reconciliation of cash, positions and other associated accrual covering a variety of product types
Induction and training
Successful candidates will join G-Research on our Internship programme, providing an in-depth introduction to the world of operations at scale, as well as extensive introductions to the internal workings of the business.
You will be paired with an experienced Senior Analyst who will mentor you through your time with us. You will also benefit from numerous training courses, including online learning licences to hone your technical skills and soft skill training.
Successful applicants at the CV review stage will be invited to sit a technical test. If you pass, you will then be invited to on-site interviews with the team and mentor.
DEADLINE; 1st February 2024. Please note, applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; we anticipate filling the position before this so please be sure to apply early.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidates will be driven, curious, self-starters with a passion for problem solving.
You will have a genuine interest in financial services allied with a numerical outlook, and be purpose driven – starting with how to help us shape a best in class function.
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent academics – you should be studying towards a 2:1 or above in Accounting, Finance, or Economics from a top tier University - other academic backgrounds will be considered if you can demonstrate an aptitude for the subject. You should also have exceptional pre University academics
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with a detail orientated focus
- Experience within Finance is beneficial but not essential
- Excel competency, including familiarity with pivot tables and macros, as well as some coding and SQL knowledge (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with Bloomberg is also beneficial
- A keen interest in financial service operations
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 30 days holiday pro-rata
- 9% company pension contributions
- Opt in private health insurance
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to five stations and six tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.