Application deadline: 31 January 2020. Telephone screening will begin in November so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Assessment centres will be held on 19 March 2020 at our office in Harrogate. Please ensure you will be available on this date.
FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP. We accelerate business value with comprehensive best practices and the most intelligent analytics—all on the leading business cloud platform from Salesforce. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Advent International, Salesforce Ventures, and Technology Crossover Ventures.
Come and join the Content team at FinancialForce! The company and the role of content creation are maturing rapidly and as we expand the team, we are looking to incorporate a Graduate Content Creator to join us.
You will be joining a friendly, talented team that will support and mentor you through a structured graduate program and the next steps of you career at FinancialForce.
However, it’s not all handholding. You will have opportunities to ease into more responsibility and work directly with Product Managers, Technical Writers and Training Creators who are the subject matter experts for our products working in collaboration with the Training and Documentation Team to ensure that materials are produced to a consistently high standard.
What we offer…
- A structured plan to enable you to realise your potential and mature as a Content Creator
- Training opportunities
- A place for you in a growing, market leading company
The job requires working as a member of project teams building new functionality or enhancing existing functionality in line with FinancialForce.com development programs.
Key Responsibilities for this role are:
- Using Agile development principles, produce video tutorial scripts for new and updated applications
- Record video demos of our applications that are used as the basis for video tutorials
- Create worked exercises to support the release preview programme, these exercises are then rolled up at each release and used by internal partners across the organisation. These exercises form the basis for the live customer training delivered by professional services colleagues
- Maintain the data set and conduct functional updates to the FinancialForce training environment (Master Training Org)
- Participate in quality reviews of the Content team’s output, and contribute to process improvements
- Monitor and respond to issues logged by other teams against the content produced by the team
- Contribute to the working methods and processes of the whole development team
A successful candidate will also:
- Work towards recognised technical communicator qualifications
- Learn how to create Help files, printable release notes, including installation and configuration guides, for regular software releases
- Develop skills in the creation of technical documentation for the FinancialForce API and Force.com developers.
- Over time feedback to the Feature Crews on the user interface. Create consistent screen text and messages. Also contribute suggestions for improvements to the software design and usability
There may be the need for occasional off-site meetings or visits. This job will require ad-hoc flexibility in working hours in order to support and liaise with the company’s US division, customers and technology partner Salesforce.com.
- You need to have excellent writing skills, including grammatical accuracy, fluent prose, and the ability to organise material clearly and explain technical concepts in a helpful way
- You will be required to work in a team and be an excellent team player
- You need to be a good communicator, with the ability to articulate your ideas effectively
- Be a self starter, motivated with an appetite to learn
- Be a problem solver with good organisation skills, the ability to multi-task, work to deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of XML-based authoring system, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Agile development environments
- Experience of developing IT or SaaS training content for different subject areas, levels of complexity and audience
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!