Come and join the Development team at FinancialForce! As a Graduate Software Engineer you will be based out of our Harrogate based Research and Development division which consists of a number of key areas:
- We have Software Development teams who build new features and fix issues
- A Development Operations team who manage all of the infrastructure that supports our development processes
- We also have teams that specialise in Research, Architecture and Quality
The role will involve working in one or more of these teams ultimately becoming a productive and respected contributor to our R&D goals and objectives. You will be exposed to advanced software development processes defined by Lean and Agile methodologies. These involve strong emphasis on quality and continuous test automation and delivery. Activities carried out are diverse and can include Software Development, Test Automation, Technical Design, Code Reviews, Estimating, Planning, in fact all the tasks required associated with the production of high quality Software Features.
The initial 6 months of your time with FinancialForce will be spent working through a structured graduate programme. There will be a lot to learn and you will have a Graduate Success Coach to guide you through your journey.
You will get the right tools to do the job, for example, a MacBook pro comes with the role. The environment is hard working but also relaxed with a Monday to Friday casual dress code, free fruit and snacks daily, breakout areas and rest spots including an Xbox and table tennis.
The job is office based. From time to time, travel to other offices may be required dependent upon project requirements.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following dependent upon the teams you are assigned to:
- Developing software code to produce new system features
- Fixing software issues reported by customers or detected internally
- Designing, automating and executing unit and system tests for new system features or fixes
- Using the SCRUM methodology, which underpins the Development process
- Using a framework of published standards and practices within the company
- Collaborating with colleagues in Design, Architecture and Product Management
- Working with the Development team to collaboratively create iteration plans and task estimates
- Contributing to our technical tools and supporting development infrastructure
- Researching new technologies to understand their potential for FinancialForce
- Influencing process improvements
- It is important that you have a passion for producing the highest quality software that ultimately makes our customers successful
- You will have some experience in writing software code in an object oriented language such as Java or C#
- Analysing and solving problems
- Understanding of software applications design and structure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to clearly communicate about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Scientific based subject
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!