Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Software Developer on the FIS University Program based in London. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading Fintech company!
As a full-time FIS University Program participant, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success- including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2021 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey within the Banking and Payments Software Development organization and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About The Team
FIS is searching for talented Software Engineers for various roles within our Banking and Payments Software Development organisation. You can look forward to an exciting and dynamic career working on multiple technologies and expect to master various programming languages and technology platforms. FIS is committed to the continuous modernization of our platforms as we create innovative financial solutions that improve the way the world moves money.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be developing innovative financial solutions that provide continuous improvement and modernisation of company products. You will primarily be responsible for:
- Designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating tests, and deployment.
- Adopting and mastering multiple programming languages and technologies
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Delivering software components by working in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Partnering with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Following existing process guidelines; drives new processes, procedures, team rules, and best practices.
**The selection of your technical environment will be determined given the business need and individual strengths and interests**
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science
- Willingness and ability to learn, master, and work in both new and older technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Passion for tinkering and technology - Amazon Echo, Arduino, and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
Added Bonus If You Have
- Academic, internship, or professional experience in one or more programming languages
- Foundational knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices.
What We Can Offer You
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: Medical and Health, Well-Being, Lifestyle, and many more
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Access to a virtual learning curriculum to help develop core soft skills
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!