Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Solutions Consultant on the FIS University Program based in London. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
As a full-time FIS University Program participant, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success- including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2021 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About The Team
In 2019, FIS acquired Worldpay, a global leader in e-commerce and payments, forming the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. This role sits in the Solutions Consulting team, which is the Technical Pre-sales function of the Enterprise - Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region. The team works with global businesses, HQ within EMEA, where they have ecommerce, point of sale and omni channel propositions for both business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) industries.
The team are organised across our core industry verticals: Gaming & Trading, Retail, Digital Content & Financial Services, and Airlines/Travel/Hospitality.
This role interacts with a team of commercial professionals and implementation teams across the organisation. The team holds a high degree of internal and external relationships specific to the payments industry and across our vast product estate. The team is a dynamic and motivated group driving business in a high-growth market segment.
What You Will Be Doing
The Solution Consultant plays an integral role in the commercial process by utilising product, technical and industry knowledge to provide comprehensive solutions for new and existing clients. You will uncover prospect requirements and identifying product functionality to develop and recommend the best possible products/solutions and/or services for client prospects. This will be done through joint commercial presentations and product information sharing.
- Support product in a pre-sales environment, by facilitating discussions with merchants regarding the payments industry, possible integrations, product, connectivity structure, and best practices.
- Creation of solution and scoping of new business, from the technical/ financial/ operational discovery phase through handover to implementation team.
- Support internal strategic initiatives when and where necessary with knowledge of Worldpay merchant platforms/functionality
- Work closely with product, implementations, corporate support, and other key stakeholders
- Time will be split between new business, existing business and assist product in product/delivery commercialisation
- Attend meetings / conferences / engage with partners (internal/external)
- Build an in-depth product knowledge effectively mastering the full Worldpay suite of merchant products and platforms
- Be the voice of customer into other teams (e.g. product, delivery, sales)
Who We Are Looking For
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- Confident presenter with excellent communication (written and verbal), listening and rapport building skills
- Ability to build a network both internally and externally, and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, with a willingness to ask questions and put forward ideas
- You are detail-orientated, analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- You have technical aptitude; an ability to break down and explain complex data to a non-technical audience
- Highly-organised with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- You have a keen interest in technical payment solutions and aspire to develop a successful technical consulting career within the FinTech industry!
Added Bonus If You Have
- Experience in delivering presentations
- Fluency in an additional language (e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish)
What We Can Offer You
- Opportunity to engage with clients and gain a good degree of responsibility relatively quickly
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- An opportunity to build the foundation in technical consulting alongside building your knowledge of the broader commercial payments industry
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!