Our purpose is to bring happiness with every bite. It’s a commitment shared by every pladis colleague, all around the world.
Role Title: Food Quality and Safety Apprentice
Location: Liverpool Jacob’s Factory, then Manchester McVitie’s
Family and ideas have always been our ingredients. Our founding families believed biscuits and chocolates could bring moments of happiness to the world. Their ideas have stood the test of time. Their spirit continues to inspire our future. It’s in the care and the craft we bake into biscuits and chocolates that have been loved for generations. And it’s in the fresh ideas, the new twists, flavours and textures we add to old and new favourites.
A global community
Our 16,000 colleagues, in every corner of the world, bring their own experience of happiness to pladis. Each of us is unique but coming together as one family of bakers and chocolatiers working hard, with pride and with purpose. Because after all these years, we still believe biscuits and chocolates bring people together. We are pladis. We bake happiness. Happiness with every bite.
Inspired by you
Our founders didn’t follow rules and recipes, they created them. We’re looking for fresh thinkers to help us create the next chapter for pladis.
pladis succeeds because of people like you. People who wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Who believe in themselves and their potential. Who want to grow as part of a global community of like-minded colleagues.
Because growth is our oxygen and our fuel. And it’s our deep and abiding belief that growth comes from working together, helping each other out, always passionate about our purpose to bring happiness with every bite.
pladis colleagues care deeply about being the best. About winning, staying the course and never giving up. Whichever part of the world we’re in, whatever our role. Whether we’re baking, working in HR, finance, marketing or many other areas – we win as one pladis team.
And while we’re all unique, we share something in common. It’s the code by which we live and work. We call it our ‘Winning Traits & Behaviours’: Purpose Led, Agile, Collaborative, Positive and Resilient. Five aspects of pladis life that define who we are, how we interact and get things done.
Why join our team?
Do you want to join an adventurous and fast growing global biscuits and confectionery business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure and people?
If the answer is yes, then look no further!
pladis bake some of the UK’s best loved sweet and savoury biscuits and cakes including national favourites such as McVitie’s Digestives, Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes. We are a family business at heart and spreading happiness is at the core of our shared heritage.
What will this role achieve?
- You will complete a 30-month apprenticeship onsite at Liverpool and at Nottingham Trent University
- On the job training will take place at our Aintree & Manchester locations
- The programme will lead to: OAL Level 3 Diploma in Food Technology
To become part of our agile, collaborative and positive team, you will need:
- Maths, English and Double Science at Grade 5 (desirable but not essential)
- A passion for working for a food business and a creative & confident approach
- A proven desire to succeed and an eagerness to retain the honesty, integrity and trust instilled in our brand throughout your journey
Salary & Start Dates
- Starting salary of £17,500 per annum
- Role commences in September 2022
- On successful completion, you will be an integral part of our pladis Safety & Quality team on a full technologist salary
- 33 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Knowledge of pladis and the wider food industry, and real on-the-job experience
- Transferrable skills
- The opportunity to achieve a recognised qualification
- Prospects and career progression
- The right level of support through your line manager and mentor
Please click apply below.
You will need to upload your CV and complete a short online application form, telling us about yourself, plus a written statement to express your interest in the food industry and why we should consider you for the opportunity! (500 words max)
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com .
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do and is reflected across our business. pladis brings together brands and people from around the globe – and this diversity is our great strength.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and believe in fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate diversity of thinking and respect everyone’s distinctive qualities and perspectives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform key job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role will be based in Jacob’s Liverpool in Year 1, McVitie’s Manchester in Year 2, with Year 3 to be confirmed.