Graduate/Trainee Financial Analyst - MORhomes
Circa £35k p.a. depending on experience
Currently all members of the team are based at home but we anticipate regular meetings in central London, when safe to do so in light of the current pandemic.
MORhomes is a ground breaking, capital funding and investment vehicle for the social housing sector, raising £460m in our first 2 years of operation. It is looking to grow the team during an exciting time of the Company’s development.
Set up by over 60 major developing housing associations, MORhomes is a plc with its debt listed on the London Stock Exchange, providing borrowers with efficient access to debt capital markets, greater flexibility and reduced costs of borrowing. The latest development of a Sustainable Housing Assessment will enable future borrowers to demonstrate their social and environmental impact. The issue of a new, 30 year sustainable bond is currently being planned.
MORhomes is a forward thinking and growing organisation. It is looking for a Graduate/Trainee Financial Analyst that can identify with its vision and ethos and develop the skills and experience to be an integral part of the team.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work alongside the CEO and Directors, receiving personalised coaching and support to develop a broad skillset. Training will be provided for the right candidate to undertake the following:
Credit and security management:
- new credit application pre-checks using MORhomes’ proprietary Credit Model
- manage credit applications, loan applications and credit monitoring processes
- support the process of credit renewal analysis and borrower business plan reviews
- quarterly borrower management accounts reviews
- annual borrower accounts reviews
- manage the process of charging, monitoring and valuing borrower security with the support of specialist security charging lawyers
- preparing high quality analysis of borrower credit information.
Contribution to our borrower development and relationship management:
- interact with shareholders, borrowers and potential borrowers
- establish good working relations with a wide range of advisers and contractors
- assist in delivering business targets for credit applications, standby liquidity agreements and new loans.
Business development (lending):
- assist in generating leads
- supporting presentations to individual or groups of potential borrowers
- support or carry out other activities in accordance with the needs of the business.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Reporting directly to the Relationship Director, applicants will need to show that they are numerate, have strong analytical skills and be able to provide evidence that they are commercially astute, innovative, self-motivated, and willing to learn and develop.
Experience of working in accountancy, banking or treasury would be an advantage, perhaps in relevant Intern or Summer Analyst roles.
Please can you:
- provide an up-to-date CV which includes details of your formal education, any vocational qualifications, any relevant work experience or work history and two references, ideally people that know you in an educational or work capacity.
- write a brief supporting statement setting out why you think you are the right candidate for the job. The information in this statement and the way in which it is presented will form a key part of the shortlisting process.
Please note the deadline for applications is 10 am, Friday 23rd April 2021.
Online assessments: 29th/30th April 2021
Interviews: 6th/7th May 2021
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!