Fraud Operations Executive - Graduate Opportunity
Greater London +1
**This role is open to being fully remote or based out of our London offices**
We're rebuilding insurance. For good.
Here at Marshmallow we use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to create products that are affordable, instant, and inclusive.
This is an ambitious journey and we've got a long way to go. We started out as a 6-person team in an office no bigger than a cupboard, now we're a team of over 90and one of Europe’s fastest growing fintechs. 🚀
Fraud costs the car insurance industry £3bn per annum - it represents a huge portion of avoidable losses. We are building a best-in-class team and technology system to counter this - it is a team that has a direct impact on the business’ bottom line.
This role is crucial, as you’ll be the first line of defence at spotting fraudulent customers when they come on cover. You will be using your keen detective skills to work out whether the customers you are reviewing are telling the truth. 🕵????
Reviewing customer documents makes up a large part of this and we’ll provide you with all the tools, tips and training you need to spot fraudulent documents. You will also be interacting with the customer (via email) as part of the investigation process.
We’re looking for someone who is a fantastic team player, is comfortable making decisions quickly and has brilliant attention to detail. 🌟
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like on our website.
What you'll be doing 🤔
- Reviewing documents for signs of fraud or falsification
- Reviewing policy details for discrepancies
- Contacting customers regarding their documents or necessary changes to their policy and providing excellent customer service.
- Reviewing accounts for signs of serious fraud and escalating as appropriate
- Working with a fantastic, motivated and intelligent team
- This is a brilliant starting point to enter the exciting world of Fraud - as you progress, there will be opportunities to learn more about spotting specific types of fraud (such as counter-terrorist screening, ghost broking and identity theft)
Who you are 🙋
- You have a great eye for detail
- You can make decisions quickly
- You enjoy problem-solving and thinking analytically
- You are a quick learner and embrace change
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You are organised and can be relied upon to get things done
Experiences that will help you succeed 🎓
- 2.1 degree or higher
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- You can share examples where you have used brilliant attention-to-detail or analytical skills to solve problems
- You have worked as part of a team
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩?👩?👦?👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖?
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Flexible working 🕑
- Monthly socials 🎳
- WFH Budget to help you get set up 🗄
- Mac iOS Tech 💻
To meet our regulatory obligations as an FCA authorised financial services company, Marshmallow needs to conduct background checks on all new hires. This means carrying out a DBS check and checking for any live criminal proceedings. Please ask our Talent Acquisition team if you have any team questions about this.
This role is open to being fully remote or based out of our London offices
Greater London, England