Frontier is an economics consultancy that tackles the big questions facing governments, businesses and society. We support our clients on some of the most interesting, topical and high-profile issues across these areas. We help our clients to analyse and understand their markets and to formulate strategies based on sound economics. The methods and models we use are often complex, but our advice is always succinct, clear and honest. We use our analysis to provide insight into complex situations, giving clients jargon-free opinions and results that can withstand even the closest scrutiny.
We advise across sectors and countries and we are one of the largest economic consultancies in Europe with more than 200 Economists based in our offices in Brussels, Berlin, Cologne, Dublin, London, Paris and Madrid. Owned entirely by our staff, our business attracts the best people and the most interesting work. We go beyond the numbers to find out what's really going on. Our clients enjoy objective advice, clearly expressed. With our help, they make better decisions and get better results.
About Analyst Programme
What is great about being a new Analyst at Frontier, is that your programme lasts two years allowing you plenty of opportunities to find out more about the working world of economics. You will have the opportunity to rotate across some of our practices whilst working alongside our highly experienced economists.
You will also have the opportunity to work in one of our other European offices. You will attend a comprehensive induction week, held in London and attend weekly training sessions for the first six months. You will then continue to have regular seminars, internal training and mentoring.
Throughout the programme you'll be supported by two experienced mentors and your graduate ?buddy? who will help support and guide you through your programme!
Analyst roles will typically commence in September and October 2021
What will you be doing in your new role?
As part of a team and supported by your mentors and buddies you will:
- Start working for our clients very early on with the support of more experienced consultants
- Deliver robust and accurate technical or theoretical analysis
- Share thoughts and ideas to solve client problems, involving internal and external meetings
- Contribute to the writing of reports, slide packs or notes, written in a logical and well-structured manner using language appropriate for the intended audience
- Apply economic frameworks, ranging from simple data analysis to complex econometric modelling
- Present your findings to colleagues and clients
- Continue to develop and grow your Excel, Stata and modelling skills
- Collaborate with your project team/s, whilst also being able to work alone on a piece of analysis seeking support when required
- Manage your own work and time to ensure you meet the agreed project deadlines, seeking advice from more experienced consultants as required.
- Have the opportunity to work with Frontier economists across our EMEA offices and,
- Play a part in the running of the firm working on projects that enhance our culture, working life and client experience.
- You will be a predicted or have obtained 2:1 Bachelor's degree in Economics (or equivalent) and a Masters in Economics. If you are an Undergraduate without a Masters, please apply for the Undergraduate Analyst role.
- Strong interest and understanding of micro-economics
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional communications skills (leadership skills, feedback skills, communicating under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A fluency in the native language of the country you are applying to (a second language is also desirable, but not essential)
What you need to do next
If you would like to apply submit your application now!
Deadline: 1st December 2020
(We would strongly encourage applicants to apply early as positions will close once vacancies are filled)
Frontier Economics is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!