We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
Who We Are
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
An effective financial services industry is critical for the success of any economy and affects us all. Clients turn to FTI Consulting’s Financial Services team when they need expert advisors who understand the complexities of the sector, the changing expectations of regulators and the needs of broader stakeholders and society. We support them in identifying and addressing complex issues whilst enabling them to achieve cost efficiency and to implement enduring commercial solutions.
What You Will Do
As a Consultant in the Financial Services team, you’ll be a client-facing professional, involved in projects and business development activities from the outset.
- Project delivery: You will work as a core member of the delivery team for client projects. Each project will be different, typically involving understanding and analysing issues, project management, stakeholder engagement, document reviews, client interviews, process walkthroughs, developing solutions and drafting reports.
- Proposals: By researching prospective clients and supporting the proposal writing process, you will play a key role in winning new business.
- Team building: You will be encouraged to build internal and external relationships, contributing to an open, collaborative working environment and to the identification and delivery of cross service line engagements.
- Thought Leadership: Consultants play a crucial role in building the brand of FTI and the Financial Services team by developing and contributing to interesting and thought-provoking collateral, and by designing, organising and participating in industry events.
Examples of our recent work:
Corporate governance review of a major European bank:
Confronted with a perfect storm of a national economy in crisis, significant internal upheaval, and wide-ranging regulatory changes, the board of a major European bank turned to FTI to improve its corporate governance mechanisms. Our work included evaluating the effectiveness of the board; running education sessions with senior stakeholders; reviewing the risk management framework; and assessing the three lines of defence model. As a result of the bank’s clear focus on good governance, it emerged safely from the recession without needing bailout support, even winning a national award for its governance arrangements.
Financial crime remediation programme support:
We were engaged to assist a bank in a remediation programme covering thousands of clients. As well as performing a review of client files, our team provided recommendations for procedural improvements, designed and delivered technical training on combatting financial crime to approximately 100 employees and held coaching sessions for the bank’s senior management. This helped the client to build a robust anti-financial crime program resulting in positive feedback from the regulator.
How You Will Grow
We offer graduates early exposure to a variety of projects of commercial and reputational significance to our clients. You will work directly with our clients to find solutions for some of the most pressing challenges in the financial services industry, whilst benefitting from the support of colleagues with wide-ranging experience, including former regulators and senior industry practitioners.
We are committed to developing professionals with outstanding consultancy skills and a strong technical understanding of regulatory matters. Your Performance Coach will work with you to develop a bespoke training and development plan, supporting you in achieving industry-recognised qualifications. You will also have access to our comprehensive in-house learning and development programme as well as the chance to develop your skills and knowledge through a broad range of challenging projects.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
What We Are Looking For
- Achieved AAB at A-Level or equivalent qualifications
- Achieved 2:1 or above at degree level
- Please submit your application online until 30 October 2020 including the below documents.
- Cover letter to include motivation to work in the Financial Services team at FTI Consulting
- CV to include academic performance at university and results of A-level or equivalent qualifications
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!