Type of opportunity:
As professionals in FTI Consulting’s Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice, we are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
Interns within the Data & Analytics (D&A) team support this by providing advanced analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
What You Will Do
- Identify, acquire, integrate and analyse diverse and voluminous client data
- Develop analytical solutions to client problems using a range of algorithms and tools
- Design and implement complex data models incorporating both private and publicly available data to facilitate analysis
- Work both with senior elements and directly with clients and stakeholders to understand and identify their requirements
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualisation
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to be a part of dynamic and challenging engagements that appear on the news and have impacts measured in the billions of dollars
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities, to develop skills and gain accreditation where applicable
- The ability to work with and learn from experts across various fields, including anti-money laundering, sanctions, financial analysis and more
- Direct exposure to clients and stakeholders from different industries and backgrounds
- A depth and breadth of understanding of the suite of tools used for data analysis and visualisation
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance
- The opportunity to be considered for the graduate programme
What We Are Looking For
Penultimate year of a degree in a STEM subject or related discipline
Operational knowledge of relational databases and SQL language
Experience with programming/scripting languages such Python, VBA or equivalent
A passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
The ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
How to Apply
Please submit your application online until 31 January 2021 including a CV and cover letter.
Please note applications will not be reviewed until after this date.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!