As part of the London based team, in this role you will be trained in delivering a range of digital forensics services to clients, including data collection, data extraction and forensic analysis.
You will be part of a growing team of digital forensics professionals responsible for delivering computer forensics services to our clients, including:
- Liaise with clients and senior staff to manage work and meet client requests
- Secure and preserve electronic evidence to forensic standards, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and handle data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media
- Perform forensic analysis and reporting for a wide range of digital devices under supervision of senior staff
- Research and develop custom solutions as required on a case by case basis
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities, which may be at short notice.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in forensic computing or a technology, criminal or legal-focused subject, or equivalent experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm for technology and an interest in technical developments
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through to completion
- Ability to communicate effectively in a client facing role
- Flexible with working hours and ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies
- A keen interest in forensic practices and protocols
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems, and software
- Experience working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project
- Knowledge of forensic imaging and analysis tools such as Encase, Cellebrite or X-Ways
- A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge of programming or scripting (Python, Java, C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell)
Consultants will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Consultants will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the digital forensic lifecycle to support you in understanding the procedures utilized at FTI.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!