About the Corporate Finance Restructuring opportunity:
Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice focuses on the strategic, operational, financial and capital needs of businesses. Our market leading Restructuring practice provides a wide range of financial and operational restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders while the European Tax Advisory team is the fastest growing independent tax practice in the UK, offering innovative solutions to problems faced by our wide range of clients across all industries, including a number of FTSE 100 organisations.
Our market leading Restructuring practice provides a wide range of financial restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders and other stakeholders. Our team has over 30 years global experience working on some of the most high-profile restructurings and insolvency cases, including Carillion and Steinhoff.
Our clients include all of the major global financial institutions, private equity houses, city law firms and many corporates. We work with clients across many industries to quickly ascertain key issues and to react immediately on behalf of our clients to implement viable and sustainable restructuring solutions and exit strategies.
As part of our Restructuring team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of fast-paced international restructuring and insolvency assignments. This graduate position is within our Restructuring team and is primarily focussed on corporate insolvency cases (e.g. administrations, liquidations, company voluntary arrangements, receiverships). Insolvency appointments are required in a wide range of scenarios and can be used to deliver a restructuring solution, as well as in scenarios where a restructuring cannot be achieved to seek to sell or close the business.
What will you do?
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending on projects but are likely to include:
- Accounting and cashiering responsibilities for insolvency cases
- Dealing with various aspects of insolvency case management and compliance
- Setting up and maintaining files, records, and project management controls
- Updating data analysis and spreadsheets
- Assisting in preparation of reports for creditors and other key stakeholders
- Communicating with a range of stakeholders and dealing with their queries e.g. employees, creditors, management, landlords
- Assisting in the ongoing operations of trading businesses in administration
- Assisting more senior staff as required e.g. realisation of assets, sale of business
- Preparing dividends to be paid to creditors
As you progress, your accounting and insolvency experience and knowledge will develop allowing you to take on more responsibility on projects
- Researching company or sector specific opportunities
- Assisting with preparation of pitches for new projects
- Preparing ad hoc market analysis
- Data manipulation / analysis on restructuring projects
What we are looking for:
If you have, or are expecting a first or upper second class degree and are looking for a career in a firm that will give you the opportunities to succeed, then we encourage you to apply.
Any degree discipline will be considered however candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to think logically and work with numbers. We are particularly interested in candidates with quantitative or semi-quantitative backgrounds for example degrees in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, chemistry, economics, business, management, accounting and finance are typical. However, if you have demonstrated strong numerical skills at A Level a numerical degree is not essential.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are also essential as the role will involve communications with a varied group of stakeholders – for example management, lenders, employees and suppliers. The role also requires good organisation, self-management, proactivity, and teamwork skills.
We look for highly analytical graduates who are able to think critically and think on their feet. Under the ACCA, you will work towards becoming a Chartered Accountant. We are committed to the development of our people and our in-house and on the job training will complement your studies. Career progression is along a clearly defined route, with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
The application process:
- Please click the apply button
- Please ensure you attach both a CV and covering letter when applying
- Please also submit your answers to the following questions in a supporting document:
- What attracts you to working in the insolvency team at FTI Consulting and what qualities make you suited to the role?
- Please summarise a recent insolvency case you’ve read about in the news and explain why the company has failed?
- Only candidates who submit all documents will be considered
Applications close following recruitment of successful applications. Early applications are therefore advised. If not possible please advise and I will advise accordingly. And once again change sectors – all degree subjects accepted
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,900 employees located in 27 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!