About Tax Advisory:
FTI Consulting’s approach to Tax Advisory services is based around the expert model. As part of a leading multinational consulting firm, our team of specialists is built around core areas of expertise where we aim to lead the market and deliver true, long term, value to our clients.
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
We are looking for highly analytical recent graduates to work across the Tax Advisory practice based in London to provide support to the team across a variety of corporate tax compliance and advisory projects including restructuring, reorganisation and M&A transactions. The roles will involve preparing tax computations, clerical assistance to the team and advising and providing ongoing compliance services to clients.
Typical projects for the team include tax compliance and reporting, transaction structuring (both domestic and cross-border), group reorganisation, and other specialist services including consulting on transfer pricing and R&D tax incentives.
In return, we offer a range of training and development opportunities from an induction programme introducing the key technical aspects of the job to in house and external training and sponsorship for professional qualifications such as the CTA (Chartered Tax Advisor).
- Calculating tax liabilities
- Researching new areas of tax legislation and case law
- Drafting reports
- Attending advisory meetings
- Advising clients
- Assisting in transaction support and project management
- Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent (any degree)
- A in GCSE Mathematics
- Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
- An analytical and methodical approach
- Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
- Take active interest in the Corporate Tax market place and be familiar with recent industry developments and news worthy events
- The drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential
- About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!