Duration: 8 weeks – Monday, 29 June until Friday, 21 August
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Data and Analytics (D&A) team is a global team of experienced data experts with offices in key business hubs around the world providing intensive analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
D&A interns will be required to apply their knowledge in developing diverse solutions to numerous clients often in distressed situations. The areas of investigation include litigation, regulatory investigation, compliance, and accounting and fraud issues among many others.
- Identify, acquire, synthesise, mine and analyse client data
- Implement systems/processes to transform and consolidate disparate sets of data according to business rules
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data-oriented tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualization
- In the penultimate year of studying a degree in a subject that involves computer science, maths, statistics, engineering, technology or data analytics
- Experience with relational databases and SQL language
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience with data science methodology and standard analytics languages/frameworks, such as R, Matlab, Weka or other
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player and interact with client personnel
- Willingness to research, analyse and develop new skills
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
What we offer you:
- The chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities
- The chance to work with experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds and expertise
- The opportunity to be considered for a graduate consultant role once graduated
FTI Consulting offers a competitive and attractive reward package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
Applications close: 31 January 2020
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,900 employees located in 27 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!