Technology Consulting Opportunities
Our Technology practice uses our people and our technology to help clients identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic documents and data to locate the key evidence. Our team of over 500 professionals around the world includes e-discovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists. They’re industry leaders, and have been involved in some of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade, which means they have the experience to help clients whatever their challenges.
About the Role:
This Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology ESIP data processing team.
As part of the London based team, the Consultant will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects and will have responsibility for client delivery on multiple projects, those within the region and across globally.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data.
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Co-ordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- Prioritise and multi-task in order to meet client deadlines.
- Plan and execute electronic evidence processing exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Handle exception files encountered during processing.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Create SQL scripts and utilise processing applications and tools to meet client requirements or to improve efficiency.
- To come up with new ideas and workflows wherever needed to achieve client requests.
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary including weekends.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
Education and Qualifications:
2:1 degree in a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience
- Must have experience or desire to work in an e-Discovery or technology related role
- Have a good understanding and experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge and experience of programming (C++, Java,Ruby)
- Experience of the collection and extraction of electronic data to forensic principles and associated audit trail documentation (desirable)
- Experience with document review management applications such as Ringtail Legal, Relativity, Concordance, Summation, IPRO or Introspect (desirable)
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion.
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.