Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
About the Role:
This Consultant position is a part of FTI’s Technology Consulting team through which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology together with award-winning consulting and services.
As part of the London based team, the Consultant will be cross trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), ideally in a technology, computer science, engineering or legal subject
Skills and Competencies:
- Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Experience working in an e-discovery or technology related role desirable
- Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating either Ringtail or Relativity as a document review management application desirable
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software
- Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams
- Experience supporting document review software applications
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Litigation support experience desirable
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,900 employees located in 27 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applications close on 31 January 2020
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!