DHL Ireland's Future Leaders Programme is all about developing the leaders of the future for our business. By working in our Warehouse and Transport operations in addition to Head office roles, you will be gaining exposure in both Functional and Operational leadership. This will ensure you gain broad experience within a variety of areas of our business and will support you in making some decisions about the direction you would like to take your career in the future.
From day one, you'll take on real responsibility with a supportive culture that helps you make the most of your time as a graduate, whilst building on your people and stakeholder management skills.
As a market leader in logistics and supply chain, if you have a passion for providing an excellent service to customers, creating innovative ideas and practical solutions, we'll give you scope to reach your career goals, however high you're aiming. As a DHL Graduate, you will benefit from rotating within a variety of business sectors which will include working with some of DHL's high profile customers in sectors such as retail and consumer, life sciences, manufacturing logistics, transport, aviation and technology.
During your programme you may undertake placements within areas such as Sustainability, Business Development, Central Transport, Product Development, Project Management, Operational Excellence and be involved in high profile customer projects. We ask graduates to bring ideas to the table and take on responsibility from the get go. Most learning occurs on the job where graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibilities, however, we also supplement this experience with formal skills development training.
What the programme looks like:
- 24-month structured programme (2 x 12 month placements )
- Varied range of placements offered within our Transport and Warehouse Operations alongside our functional departments
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions
- A desire to be a people manager and to guide teams through the day to day business
- Fully mobile to relocate within Ireland
- Must hold a valid ROI driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- Fully mobile to travel within Ireland (graduates must be resident in Ireland for the duration of the programme)
- Ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns, and job roles
- We do not require a background and/or qualification in management
- Eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland for the duration of the programme
- Must be fluent in English
- You must hold or be on track to receive a qualification of Level 7 or equivalent on the Irish NFQ by September 2022.
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits which include; 23 day's holiday, pension scheme, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary and grade will increase throughout the programme.
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates are able to contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business, and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After the programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.