Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow. DHL Supply Chain has 6 Business Units all of which offer Graduate opportunities, here you read more about working for our Network Transport Solutions business unit. ?
Network Transport Solutions Business Unit
Since its inception in 2012, the UKI Transport business has grown in size and capability supporting all other UKI business units on its journey to where it is today – the Network Transport Solutions (NTS) business. Our c5,600 colleagues support our c175 customers making 1,5m deliveries to 104 locations across the UKI helping to drive our growth agenda forward generating £675m in revenue (October 2023). Our trucks cover 470m kilometres annually using a fleet of 6,700 trailers, 2,000 rigids and 2,900 tractor units and so from a sustainability point of view, NTS is at the forefront of working with other DHL Group Transport teams to achieve our goal of 0 emissions by 2030.
The Programme Overview
Our UK nationwide Future Leaders Programme is all about developing Senior Leaders of the future in our operations. By working in our warehousing and transport operations we will give you the skills and experience you need to fast track your way through DHL. From day one, you'll take on real responsibility with a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time as a graduate, whilst building on your people and stakeholder management skills and becoming an expert in all things operations.
Logistics is more than getting the product from A to B. At DHL Supply Chain we combine management and value-added services with our customised, integrated logistics solutions which drives resilience, efficiency, improves quality and creates competitive advantage.
During your time working within Network Transport Solutions you will get to experience a variety of Administrative and Management roles and have the opportunity to interact with some of our different customers within our extensive range and diversity of them.
You will also work and closely engage with our Driver population. You will get to understand and be trained up in a number of the different transport systems we use to manage our Transport operations with on a daily basis. There will be opportunities to learn and understand the legislation that affects not only how we run our transport operations but the rules and constraints that our drivers work with daily.
- Help us?pave?the way to enhance customer and employee experiences and improve operational performance
- To coordinate and provide support in the running of a safe and efficient operation
- Prepare and execute the shift handover with coordinators of next shift
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, communicating site performance indicators and improvement actions
- Individual and team management to include monitoring team and individual performance against KPIs
- Participate in Projects within site
- Get involved with and support Continuous Improvement
- Learning the end to end processes at your placement site
- Participate and engage in CSR activities
- During your time on the programme you will progress to manage people and relationships with Customers and Stakeholders
- Contribute to site development and lead projects
- Understand the importance of quality and compliance within the core processes that we execute across the business unit
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.??
What will the programme look like?
- 24 -month structured Programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will be based at a minimum of 2 sites across the 2-year programme
- Completion of Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification (alongside our internal Certified Supervisory training)
- Based in Warehouse or Transport Operations
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan.
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- The opportunity to network with the wider graduate and apprentice population.
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required Personal Qualities
- A desire to be a People Manager and to guide teams of people through the day-to-day business
- Do not need to have completed a degree in an associated area (I.e. Supply Chain Management)
- A desire to work with others in a team environment and a willingness to learn
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
- As part of the Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification, you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years as it is a government funded apprenticeship programme
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.?
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.?
Starting Salary: ? £29,000 per annum. ?
Working Week: ?40 – 42 hours shift patterns will apply and differ depending on your placement.
Want to know more? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear more about the NTS Business Unit, meet our graduates and ask any more questions you have.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
The Experience Day for this programme will take place on the 14th February 2024, in person in Birmingham.