£30,000 - £33,000
: 24 months
Location : Nationwide
Salary : £30,000, rising to £33,000 in second year + benefits
Start Date : 2nd September 2024
Deadline for applications : 31st January 2024
Gist Limited is one of the UK’s leading logistics companies. We are an M&S company and as our name suggests, we see ourselves as being at the ‘heart of logistics’.
Fast-track your way to becoming one of our future business leaders with the Engineering Management Graduate Programme.
• For the first 12 months of your scheme, you will be based at any one of our UK-wide depots understanding our transport and warehouse operations from an engineering viewpoint. You will lead engineering-focused site projects which will give you an understanding of our warehouse and transport operations, and the role of Engineering in making them successful. These projects will give you an introduction to fleet, fridge plant and sorter maintenance alongside our systems and our network.
• Your second year will see you based in our Head Office working directly for the Head of Engineering. You will get a better overview of all our accounts and network, start to build project proposals and run change projects alongside a financial understanding of how our engineering function is run.
• These two years will see you getting involved in exciting, innovative projects and liaising with our customers and senior managers around the business.
• Passion for engineering management
• Problem solving
• Analytical mindset
• Critical thinking
• Project management
• You thrive in fast paced and challenging environments
• You have achieved/are on track to achieve a minimum 2:1 in an engineering-related discipline
• Hold a full UK EC/EEA driving license
• The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
• Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a programme that’s unique to you
• A training programme designed to build your people management capability and give you the best start to becoming one of our future business leaders
• Support Network - you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will offer support and guidance on your career within Gist, as well as a buddy and community of fellow graduates
• Employee Assistance Helpline & online health portal
• Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension scheme
• 20% discount at Marks & Spencer
• My Benefits – offering great discounts across other retail and leisure outlets
1. Application Form
2. 15-minute Telephone Interview
3. Insight Day at one of our depots
4. Assessment Centre at one of our depots
£30,000 - £33,000