£30,000 - £33,000
Gist Limited is one of the UK’s leading logistics companies. We are an M&S company and as our name suggests, we see ourselves as being at the ‘heart of logistics’.
Fast-track your way to becoming one of our future business leaders with the Operations Management Graduate Programme.
You will complete two rotations across our operational depots in Scotland.
• You will gain exposure to all areas of our Warehouse and Transport Operations.
• Part of your time will be spent in the Warehouse where your role will be to support the Shift Managers with the smooth functioning of the Warehouse operations, overseeing the picking, intake and out-loading processes.
• You will also spend time in our Transport department supporting the Shift Managers. This will include driver briefs, route resourcing and ensuring safety and compliance is always upheld.
• You will gain responsibility for managing an entire shift, supporting both Warehouse Operatives and Drivers within our Warehouse and Transport Functions. You will be accountable for the successful delivery of 24-hour operations whilst supporting Operations Managers with a wide range of tasks and projects and collaborating with a team of Warehouse Section Leaders or Transport Coordinators.
• Your second year will allow you to start defining your future career through fine-tuning your skills and finding your passions through meeting people in the wider network.
The environment is fast-paced and not your normal 9-5 and you will experience a full 24-hour operational cycle. You will be required to work shifts, nights and weekends in order to ensure that our operation continues to deliver exceptional performance.
• People skills
• Problem solving
• Demonstrates resilience
• Strong team player
• Planning and organisation
• Strong communication skills
• You thrive in fast paced and challenging environments
• You have achieved/are on track to achieve a degree of any grade and discipline
• Geographic mobility – you will be expected to work across different depots within the region
• Hold a full UK EC/EEA driving license
• You must have the right to work in the UK
• Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a programme that’s unique to you
• A training programme designed to build your people management capability and give you the best start to becoming one of our future business leaders
• Support Network - you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will offer support and guidance on your career within Gist, as well as a buddy and community of fellow graduates
• Employee Assistance Helpline & online health portal
• Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension scheme
• 20% discount at Marks & Spencer
• My Benefits – offering great discounts across other retail and leisure outlets
1. Application Form
2. 15-minute Telephone Interview
3. Insight Day at one of our depots
4. Assessment Centre at one of our depots
£30,000 - £33,000