- Are you interested in recruitment but unsure about the sales and business development?
- Do you have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport over the phone?
- Do you have a steadfast work ethic, with the focus and determination to deliver results?
G2V have opportunities to join our recruitment teams, supporting a wider team of Recruitment Consultants. The Consultants will manage the business development and client side of the process; it will be your responsibility to source suitable candidates to fill the vacancies.
You will have several ways to course your candidates, including:
- Searching our candidate database
- Posting job adverts and filtering applications
- Searching for CVs on job boards
- Approaching people directly on LinkedIn
- Networking and building market knowledge
Your responsibility in the process:
- Taking briefings from consultants to fully understand the criteria of the requirement
- Qualifying candidates through conducting phone screens to establish essential information about their experience and situation
- Providing candidates with an overview of the role we are considering them for
- Presenting candidate profiles to the consultants with comprehensive notes on their suitability
- Gathering information from candidates on their professional history and personal situation to help us best match them to opportunities
- Generating leads that will help the consultants to identify new business opportunities in the market
- Keeping detailed records of all candidate data and activity, logged on our internal CRM system and additional trackers
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Excellent communication skills over the phone and face to face
- Confidence in your ability to extract the required information from a conversation
- Sharp attention to detail and impeccable organisation skills
- The ability to absorb new information quickly and apply that knowledge to your work
- Keen focus and relentless determination to deliver results
This is an excellent starting point in recruitment, enabling you to understand the processes and start learning the market before tackling the challenge of developing new business. We will provide you with continuous training and support, and a platform to progress to Consultant level.
Birmingham is booming, from business to culture to high end restaurants, the massive investment into this centrally located city over the last 4 years has made it a fabulous place to live.
Birmingham’s culinary scene is immense. From Michelin starred fine dining to award winning street food and nationally renowned Indian cuisine (Brum invented the Balti, did you know?). Birmingham’s culinary prowess is becoming world famous – G2v even have our annual super lunch at Purnells this year!
And the bars! Gin cocktails served in a bathtub? Check. More craft beer than you could ever drink in your lifetime? Check. Funky decor and hidden entrances? Check. For those cocktail enthusiasts and craft beer fanatics it’s be rude not to enjoy a tipple or two
We are mostly known for our events. With the NIA, NEC and Aston Hall every single show, band and convention that tours the UK plays here. You can see food, fashion, fantasy fairs – whatever floats your boat.
Birmingham is about the future, with massive plans to transform the city centre by adding a tram service which will be integral in linking the city there are bold new visions on the horizon. Birmingham will capitalise on both the recent boom in businesses investing and the flood of young professionals moving to our city post Uni. And it’s believed to be the youngest city in Europe – with nearly 40% of the population under 25 and the youngest, most diverse and highly qualified workforces in the UK.
With the highest number of employees and the highest quality of life outside London, launching your career here would be the smart thing to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!