At Gist, we pride ourselves in transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning 50 years. Our vision is to be our customers’ first choice for logistics, innovation, excellence and partnership. We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential and our Graduate schemes are designed to create our future business leaders. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist, just like our CEO, Martin Gwynn, who began on our Logistics Management Graduate Scheme. He was promoted to CEO at the age of 33 and continues to set the direction of the business today.
What’s it like to be a Graduate at Gist?
Our Human Resources Graduate scheme sources Graduate scheme is an 18 month programme offering graduates the chance to gain a strong start to their HR career by gaining valuable experience within a thriving, fast-paced business.
- Our 18 month scheme offers three, 6 month rotations – these will see you based at any one of our 18 operational depots, anywhere within our UK network.
- Your first 6 months will see you working alongside a HR Advisor at one of our sites and getting to grips with the fundamentals of generalist HR, including recruitment, absence managements, training, grievances, disciplinary and performance management.
- As you progress into your second and third placements you will build on the basics and begin owning the day to day HR advisor role as well as advising and coaching the site management teams.
- Alongside this, you will have the opportunity to work on a key strategic people project, giving you exposure to the wider HR team and to learn key skill sets for your future career.
How will you become one of our future business leaders?
Throughout your time with Gist you will receive training and development in order to set you up for success. The programmes are designed to equip you with the knowledge, best practice, skills and techniques to develop your capabilities. This will be delivered in conjunction with your regular progress meetings to ensure you are working towards a career plan that meets your needs and aspirations.
- You will gain real responsibility from day one, rapid progression and industry leading training and coaching.
- All of our graduates receive structured on-site and central training in people management and best operational practice, as well as regular performance reviews to ensure you are receiving the right support and opportunities.
- You will be allocated a buddy a few months ahead of you joining, to help you get settled into life at Gist and your site. You will also be allocated a mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will offer support and guidance on your career within Gist.
- With over one fifth of our senior management team coming from our graduate scheme, our schemes have been setting graduates up for success for a number of years.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for driven and engaging industrial placement students to join us.
- You aim to be a senior HR leader in our business and constantly look to develop yourself on that journey.
- You will thrive in a fast paced and challenging business which will see you succeed when pushed out of your comfort zone.
- You are a credible, engaging and a driven individual.
- You proactively look to transform, adapt and improve things around you. You want to exceed expectations
- Change isn’t a scary word for you. You thrive on new challenges, new people and pick things up quickly and effectively.
- People are your focus and you roll your sleeves up when a team needs to come together.
What can Gist offer you?
- As you progress through the scheme, we ensure you are rewarded – by managing larger teams and taking on greater challenges.
- You will receive a starting salary of £26,500
- We know that moving could be worrying and stressful– we give you time to find the right place and pay for up to two weeks in a hotel near your new site
- Whether it’s personal or professional, the Employee Assistance Helpline offers counselling, financial and legal advice as well as an online health portal
- The opportunity to take a four week charity placement
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- My Benefits —offering great discounts across retail and leisure outlets
How to apply
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the Graduate scheme, what it is like to be a Gist Graduate and how to make the most of your 18 months scheme and beyond!
- Head to our website by following the 'Apply Now' button and complete our online application form.
- If successful you will then complete a 20 minute video interview where we will get to know you, understand why you’re interested in Gist and hear about why you’d be a great fit for us.
- Following a successful telephone interview, you will be invited to our final stage assessment centre at Head Office. Throughout this day, you’ll show us why you could be a future HR leader in our business.
Please be aware that in order to be successful you need to be available the assessment centre, taking place on Tuesday 3rd December 2019 and able to start in September 2020.
Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019
Please note: Applications may close early due to high volumes of applications.
If you have any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!