GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. Our challenging and inspiring mission is to enable people to do more, feel better and live longer by developing innovative products and improving access to healthcare for patients around the world.
Whatever the role, you will experience working in a fast-paced research environment with access to cutting edge technology, whilst interacting with industry-leading scientists across multiple disciplines and sharing different experiences. During the internship, the IP student will be supported, given training (laboratory and office practices) daily where applicable until confident to work independently and within GSK health and safety requirements, enrolled in several GSK internal courses as part of company policy, enrol in personal development courses and networking opportunities throughout the year and attend seminars led by GSK scientists.
As a business, we aim to improve global health impact through R&D for infectious diseases that affect children and young people in developing countries focusing on HIV, malaria, and TB.
Our placement in Global Health allows you to be part of the Product Strategy and Access team, which creates and implements strategies focusing on making our medicines more accessible in developing countries by working in partnership with stakeholders across the Global Health spectrum to address unmet need.
What does a global health placement involve?
- Project Management: helping to lead and deliver access and delivery strategies aligned to the GSK’s Global Health strategy.
- Data Analysis: of internal ways of working alongside external insights to inform continuous improvement opportunities around the Global Health business’ capability to develop and launch Global Health innovations brilliantly.
- Content Generation and Curation: Creating proposals, presentations, blog posts, advocacy materials amongst other forms of content to be strategically leveraged across the business and externally to enhance the engagement with and impact of GSK’s Global Health brand in support of driving business critical outcomes.
- Collaboration: Partner with NGOs, amongst a range of external Global Health stakeholders, and GSK colleagues from around the world to utilise a wide range of perspectives and insights to inform identification and execution of optimal tactics to support the access and delivery of medicines in the developing world.
There is no specific degree requirement for this role. You just need ambition, a genuine interest in global health and a self-motivated, proactive approach.
Close Date: Friday 16th October 2020
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Virtual Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!