Our Global Markets Summer Internship programme begins with a week of professional training which will help to enhance your technical and professional skills. You will then be allocated to two different desks on rotation allowing you to work on real projects, become part of the teams and gain a real insight into the role.
What you’ll get to do
To gain an understanding of other areas within Global Markets, we will help you arrange work-shadowing placements on other desks across different divisions. You’ll get to attend workshops, including interactive case studies, networking and social events which will allow you to meet senior managers and colleagues across CIB as well as working on individual and team projects. Here are some additional things you could be doing as a Global Markets Summer Intern:
- Participate in technical and business skills training
- Complete desk specific assignments
- The work you could be involved in varies depending on the desks you join
- Complete summer internship project.
What we’re looking for
People who are not only motivated by numbers and data-driven decisions but who also have an interest in and want to learn more about global financial markets and economic affairs. Here are some additional things we’re looking for:
- You are required to be in their penultimate year of study
- Basic coding skills (VBA, Python, C++)
- Excellent academic background, on track for a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Required to demonstrate and apply the listed skills and competences at novice level at least
- You must speak fluent English
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We’re one of the world’s leading investment banks, also known as ‘the bank for a changing world’. Being recognized as the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We’re also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.