Global Water Intelligence is looking for a virtual events producer to support the organisation and management of the GWI Network, an online networking hub for professionals in the water industry.
The GWI Network is a community which brings together utility leaders, CEOs of water industry companies, corporate water users, investors and innovators to address the challenge of bringing water to the world. Working with our experienced team of event managers and researchers, the virtual events producer will take responsibility for delivering the agenda and ensuring that the community is continuously engaged.
There will also be opportunities to work on other GWI virtual offerings such as UPM, which focuses specifically on the microelectronics industry.
To do the job well, you will need the following skills:
- Engagement: We don’t expect you to know about water now, but we do expect you to be prepared to get totally engaged with the subject and believe that it matters.
- Intelligence and creativity: There is no formula to get this to work. We have to be clever, and we have to be imaginative. For each event, we need to create a fresh excitement that grabs the attention of busy people.
- Social fluency: This business is about bringing people together to do business and discover the ideas that will shape the future.
- Organisation: Planning regular meetings and ensuring they run smoothly can be tricky. You’ll be dealing with 20+ speakers and 200+ delegates every month, which requires good time management skills and a minute attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture. The ability to work to a deadline is a must.
- Commercial nous: We are in business to have an impact on the world, but we can only deliver that impact if we are a successful business.
- Tech savvy: COVID-19 has changed the way we work, and so you’ll need to be comfortable using different computer programs and communicating online.
The GWI Network is a new and continuously developing service, and so the ideal candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced and creative environment. Whilst experience in the events industry is a bonus, recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
The Global Water Intelligence office is based in Oxford, England, but this is currently a remote role.
Note that this is not a sales or marketing role. It is a content-oriented position which will touch on nearly all areas of the water sector.
Global Water Intelligence is an ambitious company with around 70 employees spread between Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai. We publish market-leading magazines, databases, and reports on the international water industry. Additionally, we run a series of successful events. We have a unique corporate culture which can be summed up as follows:
We are global: our market is totally international, and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don’t come from the UK.
We work for each other: we do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
We balance the commercial with the idealistic: We are passionately committed to addressing the world’s water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
GWI employees are enrolled on a company pension plan and receive a holiday allowance of 25 days per year. The successful candidate will be encouraged to attend relevant training courses and conferences that help them to develop within their role.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the position and your current salary to the email address provided. The closing date for applications is 12 June 2021.
We will not consider any CVs sent without covering letters, or applications with generic covering letters not tailored to the vacancy.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!