Graduate Applied Scientist - Chemistry
Apply by: 31.12.2021
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Do you get excited about applying materials chemistry to formulate new sustainable products? Can you create and test new bioreactors? Would you like to work out how to 3D print chocolate, and then build machines to do it?
We solve real world commercial challenges through the application of chemistry and materials science.
PA Consulting works with clients who want to gain a commercial edge by using new technologies in emerging and established markets. The Applied Sciences team uses fundamental science to think differently and support early stage and proof of concept projects, ultimately answering the question, “Is this possible?” For this we need chemists who want to go further than the theory, using it to formulate new products and build new manufacturing processes
- We translate science and technology into commercially viable break-out products and processes
- We give our clients a true competitive edge by collecting and interpreting experimental data to make rational product development decision, and then help them do that product development. Fast.
- You will work as part of multi-disciplinary science and engineering teams to prototype, characterise and explore technology
We are looking for ‘hands on’ scientists that like nothing better than finding new ways of solving problems to provide a competitive edge for our clients in sustainability, coatings, biomedical technologies, additive manufacture and more in sectors as diverse as defence, food, medtech, energy and utilities
This is a rare opportunity to work at the intersection of technical feasibility, business viability and consumer desirability. The range of work performed at the Global Innovation and Technology Centre is broad and ever-changing. You might identify a new barrier coating, get in the lab to formulate and test it, design or build experimental setups to test hypotheses and transfer this knowledge as we scale to product and process launches. Or sometimes several of these at once.
Each project is new and different – you will use all the science you learned in your degree and learn a lot more!
Product Design Engineering at PA is unique among technology consultancies in offering clients the opportunity to integrate new products and technology through to wider business solutions
Our PDE programme is based out of our state-of-the-art Global Technology Centre in Melbourn. As a member of our PDE team, you will innovate at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions to hard problems.
We will provide you with the opportunity to work across a multitude of sectors, working within teams which take products from idea to market quickly and efficiently.
You will be enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme, including access to mentoring; and at the end of the scheme, you will be eligible for promotion to our Consultant Analyst rank.
The Applied Science group is looking for a graduate scientist with a background in chemistry or materials science. You should combine a strong theoretical and experimental background, with an enthusiasm for complex real-world technical problems.
You should be:
- On track for a 2:1 or higher in chemistry, materials science or related degree
- Able to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Excited to learn and apply new technical skills and rapidly acquire domain expertise
- Comfortable working in a hands-on lab setting and performing desk-based research or modelling
- Interested in the cutting edge of science and technology and have a desire to apply these advances in practical applications
This is an exciting opportunity to apply science in situations which will ultimately lead to real-world innovations.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.
Back Ln, Melbourn, Royston SG8, UK