The office-based rotation part of this role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London. This site, at the heart of London provides fantastic amenities, support services and collaborative workspaces with convenient transport links.
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
24 Month Graduate scheme encompassing 12 months in Marketing and 12 Months in Sales
Where do you start…?
12 months in Marketing
You’ll begin your journey as a Graduate Brand & Customer Manager where you will be responsible for supporting one of our company’s commercial franchises in the development and delivery of their strategic and tactical brand plans.
This role will provide any individual looking to begin a career in healthcare with a strong foundation in pharmaceutical Marketing. From day one you will actively contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for one of our marketed products. In addition, through other projects, you will develop an understanding of other functions and how they fit together within the business.
- Takes a proactive approach & works collaboratively with immediate franchise team colleagues across the Business Unit
- Responsible for supporting the development of marketing campaigns
- Supports the franchise team to deliver strategic & tactical brand plans
- Understands and applies regulatory/compliance requirements relative to their role/function
12 months in Sales
As a Graduate Customer Representative, you will work within one of our sales teams working as the link between our company and healthcare professionals. You will aim to meet and exceed sales targets for your defined product(s) with an ultimate goal of increasing the access to and uptake of our company’s products and maximise sales growth.
- Responsible for identifying influencers and prescribers in a local area – contributing to the development of business plans
- Develop and manage relationships to contribute to the achievement of agreed business goals defined in the Area Business Plan
- Engage customers through a variety of available channels
- Achieve sales and activity targets across the defined geography
- Promote defined product(s) to target customers within both primary and secondary care and other customers and influencers defined within the Area Business Plan
- Generate hospital usage, recommendations and referrals for defined product(s)
- Develop brand advocacy within both primary and secondary care
What happens at the end of the 24-month scheme?
Throughout the 24-month scheme you will receive guidance and mentoring to not only help you through your current role, but also to prepare you for applications to permanent roles within the organisation, with the aim that you will continue your career journey with us.
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification) in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or Business-related discipline or MPharm
- Project management experience with examples of delivering initiatives from start to finish with clear goals and objectives
- Demonstrates an interest in the healthcare landscape in the UK, including the structure of the NHS
- You will be required to hold a Full UK Driving License. If you do not already hold a UK Driving License, you must ensure that you hold one prior to the start of your sales rotation
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback