Northern Ireland +1
At AECOM one of our key business lines is Bridges which is currently expanding due to a number of recent high-profile project wins which will be added to our already impressive portfolio. We are looking for ambitious, hardworking, enthusiastic Civil & Structural Engineering graduates who have computational, mathematical and design skills. Candidates will work on a variety of projects from concept design to implementation for clients who operate either locally, nationally or internationally. Those selected will have to be focused on delivery of results to our clients whilst finding enjoyment in technically challenging projects.
As leaders in the sector, our Bridges teams provide wide challenging opportunities in an ever-evolving industry. Our undisputable global position could give you the chance to work in the design of a major underground project between our London, Madrid and the Middle East offices; undertake the assessment and maintenance of the current UK bridge network, or propose renewal structural works for a central station. With both international and domestic clients, we are committed to providing quality, innovative and sustainable solutions using the latest technology in civil & structural engineering whilst taking advantage of our integrated range of services by collaborating with other disciplines within AECOM. Excellence, agility, perseverance, communication, forward-thinking and global awareness are some of the skills that our daily work demands from our teams in order to maintain and enhance our relationship with our clients and stakeholders as competition in the market grows harder.
Recent projects include: Ashton Gate Bridge, South Africa; Brent Cross Redevelopment; Chesapeake Bay Bridge; Crossrail; Dargan Railway Viaduct Strengthening; Dublin City Council Opening Bridges; Forth Replacement Crossing; HS2 ; Jodrell Bank Telescope; M4 Corridor Newport; Northern Hub; North Manama Crossing; Bahrain; Manchester Ordsall Chord; Thames Tideway and Tower Bridge Refurbishment.
Successful candidates will use industry leading computer software while working on a variety of different bridge specific expertise including:
- Structural Design
- Bridge Assessment
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Structural Inspections
- Structures Renewal Feasibility Studies
- On-site Works Supervision
- Scheme Management
Graduates will be expected to contribute to the design of structures from inception to completion, undertake the assessment of existing structures throughout the different stages such as on-site inspection and analysis, or manage the resources and tasks within a scheme of structures. AECOM is committed to the development of our graduates providing mobility between different projects and gradually increasing the level of responsibility within the firm.
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, with a 2:2 classification (or equivalent) or above
- MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering would be an advantage
- Structural modules or Structural/Bridge Engineering experience would be an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Civil & Structural Engineering
- Demonstrable interest in Bridge Structures Engineering and developing a career in this industry
- Willing and able to work towards chartership with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institute of Structural Engineers (ISructE)
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi- disciplinary exposure.
UK & Ireland
Northern Ireland, UK