**Please note we do not currently have an active vacancy in this space. This job posting is to join our Talent Pool for Broker roles. When opportunities become available, we will be in touch and/or a separate role will be posted for applications.
By applying you are giving BGC Partners & Affiliates consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications. **
This role will be required to generate commission revenue for the Company. The role holder must use all reasonable endeavours to create liquidity by obtaining dealing prices and interests from clients, for the desk. This role will also be expected to create new business as well as developing and enhancing existing client relationships. The role holder will operate at all times in accordance with FCA and other relevant regulatory requirements and be fully aware of and act in accordance with relevant desk procedures and compliance and other policies and procedures.
- Broking the product in accordance with established market practice and in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Gaining a full understanding and working within internal compliance and other policies and procedures, including specific desk procedures. Maintaining this knowledge as policies and procedures evolve.
- Complete all assigned training and policy attestations in a timely manner.
- Calculating dealing prices in accordance with the Company’s pricing policy.
- Recording all brokerage deals in accordance with the Company’s settlements and Operations requirements.
- Raising the profile of the desk.
- Maintain fitness and propriety to become and/or continue to be an approved person with the FCA’s approved persons regime, if required.
- Attend and contribute in all team meetings as required by the desk head or other manager.
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
Key contacts/working relationships
- Liaising with clients, traders and financial institutions in London and the rest of Europe or globally as required.
- Securing business through and improving relationships with existing contacts.
- Developing relationships with new clients in the financial markets, thus increasing the Company’s client base.
- Contribute to brokerage agreement negotiations as required.
- Entertaining and making personal contacts with existing and potential customers.