Are you a Civil Engineering graduate, or an undergradute due to finish your degree in 2022? Our Civil Engineering graduate programme offers structured development in a professional workplace environment, leading to chartered engineer status, without any further academic study!
Starting as an Assistant Engineer you will have the opportunity to progress to incorporated (IEng) and chartered engineer (CEng) status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), whilst gaining experience on site.
As an Assistant Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives.
- Maintaining high personal standards in health and safety
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences
Who are we looking for?
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Due to the nature of our business, graduates are often required to travel and stay away from home
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.