Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options.
Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families.
We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Railway engineering is one of the most important ways that AECOM delivers a better world – we work on huge, complex and challenging railway infrastructure projects that increase urban and inter-city mobility for millions of people. AECOM is a global innovator in high speed transportation. Recent projects include work on Crossrail, Elon Musk’s Hyperloop in the US, Borders Railway and delivering key components of High Speed 2 in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to some of the biggest challenges in transportation infrastructure.
Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours. Candidates will use industry leading computer software and BIM modelling programmes. You will be :
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signalling, electrification and permanent way;
- Planning the phasing of construction and commissioning work to minimise disruption to passengers and the public;
- Ensuring that designs maximise sustainability outcomes during construction and over whole life of assets;
- Developing designs that are safe to build, operate and maintain, and that protect the safety of passengers and the public;
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal and enhancement of railways;
- Working on structural inspection, assessment and design of bridges and other railway structures
- Analysis and calculation for new civil and structural components;
- Design of railway stations and working on projects that improve or create new urban realm, station buildings, platforms, footbridges and concourses.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Modules in Rail would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus