A bit about us:
We are an award-winning data consultancy that hires smart, aspiring, diverse graduates and junior professionals and transforms them into consultants who can solve our clients’ data, AI, and next-generation challenges through high-quality, salaried training and dedicated support.
Who we hire:
Our 15-week training programme is designed for people without any background or experience in data or technology and over the 15 weeks, you'll be exposed to a range of scripting languages, platforms, data handling and database skills, and soft skills that are in-demand across industries.
You'll also have continuous access to ongoing development opportunities post-training, including free accreditations from leading tech partners that will certify your skills, make you a sought-after candidate, and lead to rapid career acceleration.
What you'll receive:
- The opportunity to enter the world of data, AI, and technology without any prior background or experience in the field. We'll teach you everything you need to know!
- 15 weeks of high-quality, paid training in the following areas: Agile, Multi-Cloud, Git, DevOps, CI/CD Automation, Site Reliability Engineering, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Cost Analysis, Cloud Security Management, Identity and Access Management, Python, and SQL
- Competitive £32,000 year-one salary, with an impressive increase to £40,000 in your second year
- Potential to earn £55-60K in your third year
- Exposure to exciting FTSE 100 organisations and industries
- Automatic access to exciting Cloud Engineering projects that are typically reserved for experienced consultants
- Continuous opportunities to build your skills and understanding in new and exciting areas
- Access to a range of ongoing development resources, both during your employment as a Kubrick alumni member (if you choose to join your client)
- Access to a range of free accreditations with leading tech partners including Microsoft, Tiger Graph, Azure, PowerBI, Collibra, Google Cloud Platforms, AWS, Snowflake, Alteryx, Looker
- Ongoing professional and developmental support from your dedicated People Team representative
- Access to a range of benefits to support your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
As a Cloud Engineer at Kubrick, you will be critical in our clients’ digital transformation, helping evaluate their current infrastructure, explore options for moving to the cloud, and then oversee the migration and the maintenance of the new system. You will collaborate with your colleagues to embed cloud technology and best practice, revolutionising the capabilities and efficiency of teams and business functions of organisations in all industries.
Cloud Engineers are able to utilise multi-cloud environments to meet the needs of Cloud-centric delivery teams but are trained in the fundamentals of data storage and SQL to also support data enterprise and infrastructure teams. You will be responsible for understanding and gathering business requirements and showing stakeholders the art of the possible. This role is in great demand in today’s business environment, building a foundation of skills to support rapid career development for the long-term.
Why you should become a Cloud Engineer:
Cloud computing has become increasingly popular in recent years as it is far more cost-effective than traditional methods, given it removes the need for expensive servers at every business location. It also allows companies to be more dynamic and adapt to the ever-changing needs of the business and its employees, meaning they can scale more rapidly and compete in the market. As Cloud computing grows in popularity, so does the demand for skilled Cloud Engineers who can drive digital transformation meaning there's never been a better time to launch a career in next-generation technology.
What we need from you:
- A strong interest and demonstrable experience in programming and hardware infrastructure – we want to see that you’ve gone above and beyond to learn!
- Educated to degree level with at least A level (or equivalent) in mathematics
- A love for problem-solving, making sense of the complex and communicating it to others in a way that is easy to understand
- People that relish effecting change
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them
- An ambition to work with data and next-generation technology - learning some coding is crucial in today's age
- The ability to think logically and work under pressure
- Flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UK
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHA, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.