You'll be assisting with the daily management of the site, focusing on delivering a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals. Working with the project team and applying ISG's culture, systems, and procedures you will help minimise risks associated to the project and to ISG.
To start you will be on site shadowing the Construction team gaining a better understanding of the role. You will be allocated tasks, attend meetings with subcontractors, and internal and external stakeholders allowing you to further your knowledge and expand your network.
Over the course of your graduate programme, you will be given more and more responsibilities, eventually having responsibility for individual sections or packages. Duties include:
- Overseeing the logistics of a project.
- Managing the subcontractors undertaking the works.
- Ensuring works meet required specification and quality benchmarks.
- Keeping a daily diary of what's going/ gone on.
- Work closely with the Senior CM & TSM in delivering the project.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager in planning the works.
- Manage the reporting of all health and safety issues including accidents and near misses.
- Identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction.
- Review designs and drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
- Produce precise and succinct project reports.
- Produce logistic plans and method statements.
- Review and manage temporary works processes associated with the project works.
- Work with planners to develop detailed programmes/ produce short term programmes.
The Graduate Programme
Our two-year programme will consist of rotations covering areas such as pre-construction, winning work, planning, design, technical building services, construction management and commercial management to provide a better understanding of how the business operate together.
- You'll take on real responsibility, working on live projects, learning from our experts and putting your skills to the test on key tasks.
- These rotations will help you to build a wider understanding of the construction industry as well as how your preferred specialism fits into the bigger picture of what we do here.
- There will be an opportunity to have exposure into additional areas like Health & Safety and sustainability – we want the programme to match your interests, so you have a fantastic foundation from which to build your career moving forward.
- Throughout the programme, you'll have support from a supervisor and a taught programme of learning – both of which will help you on your journey towards chartership.
- From the outset, you'll be encouraged to share your ideas and to challenge the norm – if you think there's a better way of doing things, we'll be all ears.
- In year two of the programme you will be available to start CIOB chartership with the support of ISG.
Candidate Profile and entry criteria
You will have a minimum 2:2 degree and a passion for the Construction Industry with scope to learn and grow throughout the duration of the two -year programme, recognising that this time is used to make you an expert in your field to flourish and progress your career further once promoted off the scheme.
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to get stuck in
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to be self-starting and independent as well as self-motivated
- Approachable, positive, flexible, adaptable and friendly team member
- Ability to travel when required
Our workplace strategy ‘Work for You’ includes flexible working practices such as hybrid working where employees can split their working time between work and home. We also recognise that some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please discuss this with your recruiter, during the hiring process.
ISG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
London, Bristol, Whitstable