Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Join Northrop Grumman and embark on a journey of innovation that transforms lives today and shapes generations to come. As a pioneer of ground-breaking technology, we've played a pivotal role in technological advancements that define our nation's history. From conquering the skies to lunar exploration, we seek individuals who dare to invent the future, bring bold ideas to life, and thrive on the impossible. At Northrop Grumman, curiosity, diversity of thought, and embracing your authentic self are the drivers of our culture. See for yourself as a graduate.
As a Graduate in Control Systems, you’ll have the chance to use cutting-edge tech and innovation as you support strategically important national defence programmes. As a key member of our Controls Software Engineering Team, you will build on your skills and learn how to:
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC & SCADA control systems.
- Develop PLC & SCADA code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
What You Bring (essential experience and qualifications):
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent) in a suitable discipline, e.g. Electronics, C&I Engineering, Systems Engineering.
- Experience or knowledge of software development lifecycles, processes and procedures.
- An understanding of Systems Engineering’s approach to software development.
- A talent for problem-solving and developing solutions to a variety of issues.
You must be able to achieve the highest level of government security clearance for this role.
Why Join Us:
As an integral part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including hybrid options
- Opportunities for compressed working – have every other Friday off!
- Pay increases every 6 months while on the programme
- Flexible benefits package
- Travel benefits
- Pension scheme
- Additional paid leave for Reservists
- Family-friendly policies
- Holiday buy and sell
- Employee well-being and assistance programmes
- Career Development opportunities for ongoing growth
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognised through our annual incentive programme
For a comprehensive list of benefits, visit our UK careers site.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, including neurodiverse candidates. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of protected status.
Ready to Join Us?
Submit your application online. For inquiries, reach out to our early years team or learn more about our UK careers on our website.
Join Us in Defining the Future of Security.