South East +1•
Who are we?
Arqiva is at the heart of the broadcast and utilities sector in the UK and beyond.
Through our infrastructure we ensure media and data is taken from, and delivered to where it is most valued, whether that’s from broadcasters to your TV screen or radio, or from your smart meter to the utility company. Even if you haven’t heard of us before, the chances are you’re indirectly a customer of ours and our infrastructure is part of your everyday life!
We have a rich heritage and an exciting future ahead of us, and there’s so much more to us that we can’t wait to share with you.
How do graduates support our strategy?
We are a business with bold ambitions outlined in our Vision 2031 plan. We’re looking for your curiosity and insight to help achieve them. Graduates play a key role in helping us to continually think differently and deliver on our customer’s expectations
Our graduate scheme provides you with the opportunity to develop your skills and harness your curiosity in a practical environment. We put you at the heart of our business so that what you do impacts our customers and supports the delivery of our strategy. You will be working alongside dedicated and talented people who really care about our customers and each other.
Why this Role?
This team are the advocates of our customers, promoting their interests and improving their experience with Arqiva. You get to collaborate with all the teams across Arqiva and work closely with key customer across the broadcast, radio and utilities industries . You will be an important part of a growing team driving improvements in our customer experience.
Your learning and development is a priority for us: ranging from your bespoke graduate programme, mentoring relationships, our digital learning platforms (LinkedIn Learning, getAbstract and A Cloud Guru) through to learning from our internal experts. Your learning journey will be designed around you so that you can realise your potential and bring the very best of yourself to work.
In this role you will learn skills that will enable you to deliver in a Customer Experience Analyst position, such as:
- Collect and analyse customer feedback and research
- Drive awareness of customer experience activity and research findings on internal communication channels
- Organise annual customer experience day and other events
The location for this role is in our London Office at Newman Street however you may be required to travel to other sites so a degree of flexibility is required.
What do we need from you?
We are recruiting from a wide variety of degree backgrounds for these positions.
If you are expecting or have achieved a 2:2 in the following subjects, we would love to hear from you: Psychology, Sociology, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Enjoy problem solving and finding solutions
- Comfortable in working with a range of different systems and processes
- Good communication skills
- Be curious and show an interest in data and technology
- More than anything, we want to hire graduates who are passionate about building their career at Arqiva and being a part of our vision. So, if you think you have most of the skills and / or experience we are looking for, then please do apply for the role - we want to hear from you!
We offer our graduates a competitive salary of £30k + 5% bonus in addition you will have access to an industry leading benefits package.
For us, building a working environment that is diverse, inclusive and engaged is a positive for both our colleagues and our customers. This is why we have invested in our partnerships with Inclusive Employers and WISE (Women in Science and Engineering).
We also have active and thriving networks to support our colleagues like our Working Families network, Women at Arqiva and Diversity Ambassadors.
All applications must be made online
Our application process follows 3 stages;
- Online application form
- Telephone interview
- Approximately 30 minutes with competency-based questions focused on the role requirements
- Assessment centre
- These are scheduled for February 2022 comprising of an interview, group exercise, presentation, a tour of our offices and a chance to meet our team
Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications will be screened on an ongoing basis.
South East, Greater London