From humble beginnings to becoming one of the UK’s largest privately held software companies, we have supplied innovative administrative solutions to businesses, charities and the public sector for over 40 years!
Partnering with multi-million pound enterprise Hg, we have received numerous investments, including the UK’s largest and Europe’s third largest private equity led software buyout, representing an EV of around £1.3bn, following our track record of success!
We have an excellent working environment – one that has seen us win many awards including UK’s Best Workplace, UK’s Best Workplace for Women, UK’s Best Workplace in Tech and 2021/2022 Certified Company award!
Acquired by IRIS in 2020, iSAMS is the market leader in cloud-based, multi-platform education administration solutions. Transforming the way schools store, manage and communicate information, iSAMS offers a world-class Management Information System (MIS) that is intuitive to use, flexible in its approach and accessible globally.
iSAMS has quickly established itself as a leading and credible MIS partner, working with over 1,300 schools across the world. Our experienced and dedicated team remains determined in their quest to provide outstanding solutions for all our clients. Constantly developing, updating and improving the MIS with its portfolio of integrated modules, portals and apps, iSAMS helps schools to streamline and enhance their information management while they focus on delivering excellence for their students.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone customer-focussed and technically minded to join our iSAMS Implementation Services team. This role is important as you'll be working closely with our Implementation Project Success Managers to implement the iSAMS cloud-based MIS (Management Information System) for our customers. This position involves setting up new instances of the MIS software and involves extracting, validating and manipulating existing client data to ensure a smooth transition from existing client system within the timeframes agreed with the customer.
What will you be doing?
As a Technical Installer within this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Working as part of the Implementation Services Team installing software for new clients
- Migrating data from pre-existing Management Information Systems using SQL or other appropriate methods
- Validating data sets and liaise with clients to rectify errors
- Manipulating and import data into the iSAMS MIS
- Providing technical expertise to the new clients of iSAMS, ensuring a professional level of support to new customers as part of their overall implementation experience.
- Configuring MS-SQL, IIS, SSRS and Web Components.
- Building trusted relationships with client schools during the implementation process.
- Communicating and recording progress so that team members are clear on progress, escalating any obstacles or issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and that changing priorities are responded to effectively
- Maintaining a good understanding of iSAMS product and keep up to date with system developments.
- Keeping SQL skills up to date and willingness to share knowledge with team members.
- Sharing knowledge and feedback within the team to help support improvement in processes.
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks or projects which support iSAMS business needs and are within the post holders’ capabilities
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone with the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Experience using SQL to manipulate data
- Good customer service experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated team player
- Analytical and methodical approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Experience using Microsoft Server/IIS/Web Applications (advantageous)
- Experience of working with data and data migration (advantageous)