Graduate Development Programme
Kloeckner Metals UK
Apply by: 31.05.2022
Kloeckner Metals UK is the UK subsidiary of Klockner and Co, (Kloeckner) the German listed, market-leading, €6.3bn turnover, 8,600 employee, global steel trading and distribution group based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner consistently invests between 15 million and 20 million Euros per year in digitalization of the metals supply chain.
The UK business, headquartered in Leeds, operates out of 11 principal locations and employs circa 700 staff
We are currently recruiting Graduates throughout the business. Our intensive two-year graduate programme will give you the skills and experience you need to fulfil your potential and become a leader in our industry.
We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious graduates with a minimum of a 2:1 in Business, IT, Digital, Engineering and Finance related subjects.
The Kloeckner Metals UK Graduate Programme is full-time employment, following a 25-month structured development programme, designed to provide a holistic view of every key area of the national business.
The Graduate Journey
First 13 Months (Year One)
- The first month of employment will be spent onboarding you into the business, attending induction and visiting some key sites and stakeholders nationwide, including our specialist ‘Wesok’ business that produces cellular beams and plate girders. You will also gain an overview of our IT systems and Legal Department.
- The next 12 months of the programme will b based upon four, three month rotational placements throughout the key areas of the business, each three months being broken down and spent in relevant departments.
- At the end of each three months , as a group, you will present your experience / observations to the board as part of a kick-off event before the next quarterly placement. This will be accompanied by a team building and social event.
- At the end of these first 13 months, you will present a project to work on in year two and the expected benefits of this. You will also identify an area of interest in the business, this will be your chosen career entry point based on your experience.
Next 12 Months (Year Two)
- You will be placed in your permanent role and learning from your mentor / subject matter expert.
- You will receive further development, including internal training programmes and enrol on a vocational specific qualification.
- You will also be enrolled on training around Project Management, PRINCE2, EPM, CLEAR and LEAN techniques.
- You will work on a project with your fellow graduates.
- You will be mentors to the next intake of Graduates.
Why work for Kloeckner Metals UK ?
Kloeckner Metals are one of the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
- Contributory Pension
- Long Service Awards
- Discount cards for shops and restaurants
- Gym & Health Club discounts
- Holiday Trading
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
- 4 x Salary Life Assurance
- Fantastic Learning & Development Opportunities
Dudley, London, Leeds