Stirling Dynamics is recruiting two graduate engineers to join in September 2022.
Candidates who are graduating this year (Summer of 2022) as well as 2020 / 2021 will be considered.
The successful candidates will take part in a two-year training programme, covering four different six-month rotations.
Our programme is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the whole business as well as experience in three key engineering areas.
Training and mentoring will be provided throughout to ensure that you get the most out of the experience.
You’ll complete four six-month rotations. This will include; Loads and Aeroelastics, Modelling and Simulation, Systems Engineering and then either Project Management or Business Development.
You’ll be assigned an experienced mentor who will be able to support your development throughout the graduate programme.
You’ll also be supported in your Chartership application to an Engineering Professional Body.
Responsibilities will be expected to be developed and finalised over time.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
- A minimum of a 2:1 (achieved or on track for) in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- The ability to work closely with customers to make sure requirements are fully understood, and to demonstrate and explain project outputs (desirable)
- Proficiency in the full Microsoft office suite
An understanding of 3 or more of the following (desirable):
- Loads and Aeroelastics
- Modelling and Simulation
- Systems Engineering
- Applications such as MATLAB
- Coding languages such as C++
- The ability to learn new technical skills
- The capability to act and work independently and as an effective and enthusiastic team member
- Excellent oral, written communication and inter-personal skills
What do I need before I apply
- A genuine interest in engineering
- You’ll need to be creative and curious, flexible, willing to learn and a real self-starter
- You’ll need to be able to work hard, using your own initiative and be driven to make the most of the opportunity