At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We solve human problems that improve people’s quality of life. So being an engineer at Arcadis is about applying a human filter to all of your technical expertise and training. You’ll be responsible for transforming the world through innovation and creativity. If that sounds like an interesting challenge, then building a long-term and varied career with Arcadis will be the perfect next step for you.
Day to day will include:
- Development of Fire Safety Strategy reports;
- Third Party Review/Design Verification;
- Attendance of internal & external design team meetings
- Supporting on the development of Fire Risk Assessment reports for both, the building and rail sectors.
During this three-year graduate programme you will have the opportunity to rotate within engineering across service line upon completion of the first year. You will develop core engineering techniques that can be applied while working with our clients.
There is a two-step process for our early years programmes for candidates who meet our screening criteria:
- an online behavioural based assessment
- an assessment day (currently virtual)
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
To be considered for this 3 year Graduate programme you will need to be on course for achieving a relevant degree, you must be on target for a minimum 2:1 in one of the following subjects, MEng (or MSc) Fire Engineering, Fire Safety Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
In addition an understanding of:
- Hazard Identification;
- As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)
- Fire Risk Assessment principles;
- Fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels);
- Basic understanding on Active Fire Protection (AFP) and Passive Fire Protection (PFP) systems;
- Basic knowledge on fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS or SMARTFIRE).
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme