£33,154 - £34,300
Across these functions we're offering the following graduate opportunities:
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Environment and Sustainability
National Grid is at the heart of the energy future, and our people are at the heart of National Grid. We’re 30,000 colleagues strong. In the UK, National Grid don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition as we focus on building a cleaner, greener future. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Our values and principles
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you require.
Joining our Graduate Programme means you’re ready to apply your academic knowledge in a practical setting. We’re on the lookout for driven individuals who are eager to learn, good at forming relationships, can communicate effectively, and are not afraid to ask questions when needed. Being a supportive team member is also a key part of this role.
To be successful in this role the following skills and experience are required:
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Interest in the UK energy industry, markets and energy transition
- Enthusiasm for the Graduate Programme and the opportunities it offers, you will be expected to be fully involved and committed to the programme
What you'll need
- At minimum you’ll need to achieve a minimum of a 2:2 degree, whilst some of our vacancies will require a 2:1 or a specific related degree, such as Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). Most of all we need you to be eager to apply your knowledge in a real-world setting.
- Some of our roles will require flexibility to travel when required throughout your placements and will require you to hold a valid full UK Driving Licence
We offer student vacancies based across the UK including Warwick, Leeds, London, Wokingham and Bristol. Some of our roles offer flexible, hybrid working depending on the role requirements.
We care about your wellbeing and want you to get the best out of your working environment, so our future for office-based teams is hybrid. Hybrid working is a mix between home and office working. Flexibility is the key, what’s important is that it meets the needs of the colleague and the business, and that you agree the best approach for you and your team with your manager.
We recruit on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close our vacancies once we have enough applications. We encourage you to apply as early as possible to ensure you obtain the place you want in the application process.
Assessment centres will be held from December 2023 onwards.
What you'll get
We are proud to offer a starting salary of £33,154 (Bachelor’s) or £34,300 (Master’s).
As a first step to your career in the energy industry, our Graduate Programmes are like no other! You’ll gain an insight into how we work at National Grid, understand what a career with us can offer, and receive some great rewards and benefits:
- £2,000 bonus, once joined and started on programme
- 26 days holiday
- £2,400 payment on successful completion of the programme
- Up to £200 per month accommodation allowance as you move around the business, and additional annual leave for when you move between placements plus assistance with moving personal belongings
- Other benefits include pension and share-option schemes, Flexible Benefits, close mentorship and regular feedback, and volunteering opportunities
£33,154 - £34,300
Warwick, Leeds, London, Wokingham and Bristol