We are an established, successful, and rapidly expanding FCA regulated company based in St Albans, located within a short walk from the National Rail train station.
We work in a relaxed but professional fast-paced environment with an open and friendly culture. Commuting from London is an easy 20-minute trip to St Albans out of St Pancras.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role would involve joining the Financial Trading Room as a graduate trader.
Your role as a graduate trader will consist of:
- Quantifying our risk and book exposure, hedging out risk where necessary
- Executing client trades
- Analysing client behaviour and performance
- Reflecting Corporate Actions to our client and broker positions
- Ensuring critical Trade Desk administration tasks are done in an efficient and timely manner
- Working with our development team to improve the platform and internal systems
As a retail broker, we deal with a wide range of products from single stock equities, FX, index futures and commodities. The successful candidate will be dealing with most of these products from day one.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fast learner and strong problem solver who would enjoy the buzz of a trading floor who also seeks the responsibility of working in a small team.
- You will have a mathematical based degree from a top university at grade 2.1 or higher.
- Strong A-Levels, preferably in Science or Maths based subjects.
- No financial trading experience needed, however a keen interest in the markets is recommended.
- You will have high standards, excellent attention to detail and accuracy and thoroughness will be at the heart of the way you work.
- Ability to deal with quantitative based problems.
- You will be an original thinker, who can challenge current procedures and systems and deliver measurable improvements – this is something we actively encourage and support from an early stage.
- Part of the job will involve dealing directly with clients, both on the phone and face-to-face. Therefore, the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and in a personable way is highly desirable.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary entirely depending on skills and experience
- After 6 months’ probation, membership in the Spreadex bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Group Life Assurance at 4 x salary (after 1 months’ service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular company social events
- Private car parking
After 3-month service:
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Private Health scheme with discounts to gyms, travel, and cinema tickets
Successful candidates will need to have full background checks conducted in line with FCA regulations.
St Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom