Lancashire County Council's in-house Digital Services team have created new positions for two graduates to start their IT career in a dynamic, innovative department with over 450 staff. These vacancies will enhance your skills and experience enabling you to offer real value whilst being supported by other engineers. The roles includes a rotation across the various areas of the Digital Services Department, spending a number of months in each team learning new skills and enabling you to experience different aspects of a career in IT.
Your roles will give you opportunities to:
- specify, design and deliver ICT solutions for our customers and/or
- provide operational ICT support and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and/or applications and services and/or
- assure ICT infrastructure and/or applications and services in terms of compliance, supportability and usability and/or
- gather requirements and map out business processes in order to continually align digital solutions to business needs in the council and/or
- manage the council's data in line with business processes and in line with security best practice
We are looking for enthusiastic team players who are eager to learn and to put their skills into practice. You will have a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a computer or digital related discipline and willing to continue your learning with further training. This role is for candidates who are diligent, communicative, care about customers and want to make a difference.
Benefits : Lancashire County Council's Digital Services Team offer in house ICT design, build and support expertise to all Lancashire County Council teams covering a huge range of technologies and applications. You will be mentored by senior engineers, have access to formal training courses and gain industry recognised qualifications. Whilst undertaking your 2-year graduate position, you will be able to apply for permanent vacancies in the Digital Teams as they arise. Digital Services are keen to ensure that all our staff reach their full potential and progress their careers with us.
We do not hold a sponsorship licence and can only consider applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, your application will not progress.
We reserve the right to close down a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive sufficient applications.
- Minimum Salary: 25,927
- Maximum Salary: 30,095
- Pay Basis: Yearly
- Schedule Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Hours: 37